sharetrader
Page 496 of 697 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Im convinced hes a paid national attack dog. No morals, no ethics, no compassion, devoid of empathy,no care except for the smell of money and doing his masters dirty work, a mini me trump.
    MY my JT. Cindy's cynicism is cutting deep isn't it? She's cut you to the bone with those sparkling gnashers. Chewed you up and spat you to the spittoon.

You have my sympathy...having your heart broken by one who has cruelly used you for her own purposes must be devastating. Treat yourself to a hot bath with smelling salts, old chap. Clear your head and then rinse her down the drain. You'll feel ever so much better for it!

IMO

What? Balance and jonu the same person!!??

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Is there no end to the cynical propaganda from the PM? Now that Ashley has been packed off down the road she is back to her daily briefings. Oh, but she's not electioneering....oh no siree!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...-campaign-mode

trouble is...Cindy doesn't comprehend the concept of Overexposure. The fairy dust is wearing thin amongst those that escaped unbesotted. Including the media. I'm picking it'll backfire
    Jacinda’s media briefings are not over-exposure as far as I’m concerned. She has something useful to say and she communicates very well. There is lots happening these days and I welcome her updating us on what is happening. I am definitely an admirer of her leadership ability.
    I think that everyone who calls her cynical is projecting their own unwanted cynicism onto her. They are denying their own distrust of others motives and attributing it to her. It is a shame that someone who supports kindness and transparency is seen as cynical.
    You are entitled to a different opinion but it would be better if you could be a bit more objective in your comments, rather than the repetitive name calling.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Jacinda’s media briefings are not over-exposure as far as I’m concerned. She has something useful to say and she communicates very well. There is lots happening these days and I welcome her updating us on what is happening. I am definitely an admirer of her leadership ability.
    I think that everyone who calls her cynical is projecting their own unwanted cynicism onto her. They are denying their own distrust of others motives and attributing it to her. It is a shame that someone who supports kindness and transparency is seen as cynical.
    You are entitled to a different opinion but it would be better if you could be a bit more objective in your comments, rather than the repetitive name calling.
    You don't think she is cynical?

When is the last time you saw her alongside Dr Bloomfield after previously being joined at the hip?

What about the party political broadcast we get anytime she makes an announcement?

How about the media complaining that this administration is less transparent than the Nats....despite claiming the high ground in this regard!

How about her throwing clinicians under the bus regarding testing in the early days of Level 1, when the clinicians had been following the instructions from on high?

How about the Kiwibuild "RESET"?

How about the quiet changes to the standards of measure around free tertiary study?

How about the "last" instalment of fuel tax in effect today ....the tax increase that isn't a tax increase because the PM promised us no tax increase?

I invite others to add to the list so that moka can see the light!

When is the last time you saw her alongside Dr Bloomfield after previously being joined at the hip?

What about the party political broadcast we get anytime she makes an announcement?

How about the media complaining that this administration is less transparent than the Nats....despite claiming the high ground in this regard!

How about her throwing clinicians under the bus regarding testing in the early days of Level 1, when the clinicians had been following the instructions from on high?

How about the quiet changes to the standards of measure around free tertiary study?

How about the "last" instalment of fuel tax in effect today ....the tax increase that isn't a tax increase because the PM promised us no tax increase?

I don't think she is cynical. Maybe we have a different understanding of cynical. A cynical person is someone who believes that only selfishness and self-interest motivates human actions. I think that it is you who is cynical about her motivation or intentions when doing these things. That you think she is doing these things out self-interest. I can’t see the cynicism in the list of things but perhaps if you chose one or more from the list and expanded on how she is being cynical I may be able to understand your perspective. I don't need more examples, I need more detail on one or more about how her actions are cynical. I can’t see the light but we don’t know what we don’t know.

Guru

For moka's benefit

Since Dr Bloomfield took the heat for the Quarantine debacle the PM has been Socially Distant. She no longer wishes to be associated with him.

Using the front of "Briefings" to expound the party line, sow fear, and generally hog the limelight. Remember her saying she was finished with them about a month ago?

The PM claims the moral high ground while at the very same time doing the opposite...perhaps the most blatant example of her cynicism.

How about her throwing clinicians under the bus regarding testing in the early days of Level 4, when the clinicians had been following the instructions from on high?

Throwing Clinicians under the bus to save her own skin....despicably cynical

TTrying to pass off a failure as merely a Review. Transparent? I'd say cynical.

Strategic Cynicism at its finest.

Blatant disregard for the truth when dealing with the electorate

Clear to you now moka?

For moka's benefit

Clear to you now moka?
    No still not clear yet but I'm working on it. Are there other polticians you would describe as cynical? Or is it just Jacinda?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Waiuta View Post
    Gareth Morgan and Susan Guthrie's book The Big Kahuna details a very workable alternative tax system to include the Family home and other business assets. I guess any attempt to tax any traditional asset will always be viewed as political suicide. They are the only ones who propose something different to our patched up exploited current system.
    Only one small problem with it though. Voters rejected it !
    Last edited by iceman; 01-07-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Maybe jonu would prefer something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WT59lu4tCU

No equivilent of Mr.Bloomfield either.

https://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/1...-be-disastrous

Very good article on the Greens nutcase tax thought bubble.