sharetrader
Page 228 of 288 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2876
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    You mean a random independent director, who came on last august after another director resigned? after which the sp sky rocketed?

nice
    Not rocketing again (yet maybe) unfortunately.

Guru

PPH is a great growth company and is having (had) a great run recently..It is a very expensive share at $9.00+ but investors were riding the wave...It was party party party until the party poopers (Huljich family) arrived and that sudden return to sobriety is now having its after effects..PPH is currently suffering a hangover...Like all hangovers it will pass with time, PPH's continuing rate of growth will see to that.. The chart below tells it all...
    The sudden return to sobriety is the breakaway gap which squeezed the Bollinger bands and broke the symmetrical triangle (Before it broke, considered a continuation pattern).
    Of great interest and a fantastic textbook example is the bullish abandoned baby candlestick..Any candlestick investors would have timed the Covid Bear bottom to near perfection..
    Another thing to watch is the saying that gaps are usually filled..Yes that can be true but the timing is the problem..Gaps can rapidly get filled but history shows the gap filling event can and often takes longer than investors realise...History also says that when a gap starts to being filled the odds are in favour of the gap being completely filled..

Disc: Recently sold all my PPH.
    Attachment 11794
    Last edited by Hoop; 21-07-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    PPH is a great growth company and is having (had) a great run recently..It is a very expensive share at $9.00+ but investors were riding the wave...It was party party party until the party poopers (Huljich family) arrived and a sudden return to sobriety is having its after effects..PPH is suffering a hangover...Like all hangovers it will pass with time, PPH's continuing rate of growth will see to that.. The chart below tells it all...
    The sudden return to sobriety is the breakaway gap which squeezed the Bollinger bands and broke the symmetrical triangle (Before it broke, considered a continuation pattern).
    Of great interest and a fantastic textbook example is the bullish abandoned baby candlestick..Any candlestick investors would have timed the Covid Bear bottom to near perfection..
    Another thing to watch is the saying that gaps are usually filled..Yes that can be true but the timing is the problem..Gaps can rapidly get filled but history shows the gap filling event can and often takes longer than investors realise...History also says that when a gap starts to being filled the odds are in favour of the gap being completely filled..

Disc: Recently sold all my PPH.
    Attachment 11794
    helpful post thanks Hoop

Thanks Hoop, great post and a gret chart. I sold out of PPH at 6.05, thinking that it had run too far too fast. I was expecting a pull back to maybe $5.50 and would have then bought back in. My mistake!!! I have a little knowledge of charting, but don't have a live data feed or software (or the knowledge) to really benefit from its insights. What software package did you use for this set of charts?
    Shepherd

Today , all majors insto's sold PPH in a hurry.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Today , all majors insto's sold PPH in a hurry.
    But it went up?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    Thanks Hoop, great post and a gret chart. I sold out of PPH at 6.05, thinking that it had run too far too fast. I was expecting a pull back to maybe $5.50 and would have then bought back in. My mistake!!! I have a little knowledge of charting, but don't have a live data feed or software (or the knowledge) to really benefit from its insights. What software package did you use for this set of charts?
    I mainly use Big Charts to post on ST..Its free and simple to use.. Being free it does have limitations, but does most of what you want..Big chart homepage..remember to put NZ: before the stock symbol e.g NZ:PPH or for Ozzie shares e.g AU:PPH These last two e.g links are advanced charts with my preferred indicators.
    Another and probably better free charting program is Tradingview.

Have a play with them and enjoy.

Risk Manager for FTX

I mainly use Big Charts to post on ST..Its free and simple to use.. Being free it does have limitations, but does most of what you want..Big chart homepage..remember to put NZ: before the stock symbol e.g NZ:PPH or for Ozzie shares e.g AU:PPH These last two e.g links are advanced charts with my preferred indicators.
    Another and probably better free charting program is Tradingview.

Have a play with them and enjoy.
    Lol just saw this on tradingview, the tyrannosaurus rex indicator:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SP...ex-Indicaitor/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gerald; 21-07-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

....Disc: Recently sold all my PPH.
    Attachment 11794
    Apart from using a linear price scale (compulsory that I complain about that) I do find you charts overly complicated.

I reckon it is currently a hold, but each to their own:

Trailing snow leopards in Ladakh, India
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

I reckon it is currently a hold, but each to their own
    Quite right. I sold my last 2 parcels at $9.60 and $9.10 when I guessed that the uptrend was about to turn.

PPH is a good long term hold, but for momentum traders, these TA signals makes a lot of sense.

Markets often overshoot and undershoot, I will look to get back in between $6.50 and $7. Just needs a bad day on the NASDAQ and it will drop to that range.