sharetrader
Page 576 of 935 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 9348

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Looks like it. In last half hour gold has gone up 14 dollars on top of the 100 dollars in the last few weeks. Something worldwide is afoot.

So it is for all of us to ask what would we do if we solely owned the mine.Well I for one would sit on it for a year. We have waited a long time now so what is another year with these fast moving events. This reminds me of an old farmer i used to know. He worked his farm for more than 50years and sold it for one million dollars. Six months later without ever farming it the new owner sold it for two million.

We are with gold on the crest of a wave. lets ride it. Matt your good at doing nothing so do nothing for another year. By then IMHO the world will be on a new gold standard,and from what I have been reading gold will have to be about $30,000 to balance the books.
    To HELL with the short term do not sell now.
    In the meantime keep your comments coming in about the company. We can be sure MATT reads them so he can have considered answere ready.
    See you all at 11 am on the 6th August for the live broadcast.
    Using your story above, the farmer sold for $1m and was happy with that at that moment in time, he didnt want to work it for another year I bet!. If I had a $ for everytime someone said if only I'd hung on to that house (or whatever) for another xx period of time, it would be worth more, it would pay for my NTL losses. People want to sell up their asset and get the money AT THE TIME not in 6 months/1 year/10 years etc. I dont want Matt Hill receiving $400k for sitting on his arse, I want him to do some bloody work, hard work please. Knuckle down and get it done. Its easy for some of you to say let it sit as you may be riding free on this, but I'm in the red and I'd like to see the money back sometime.

Frankly I'd just like to see some gold coming out of this mine sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I have no expertise in how many tonne a blast would loosen, but 2 containers a day is within the current truck movements. 60k per day positive cashflow. Remember they already have a few hundred tonne stockpiled.

As I've said several times before...the POG rise has fallen in our laps. The profitability of this mine has approximately doubled in the last 18 months or so.
    From memory they were 10 tonne trucks so yes 2 x 20 tonne containers

There must be something we punters don’t know or understand as to why they are not mining because what you and Getty are proposing should be very obvious to the board and management.

One blast event per day could be an issue but it is more likely there is another more serious fish hook that we investors/punters do not know about

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    From memory they were 10 tonne trucks so yes 2 x 20 tonne containers

There must be something we punters don’t know or understand as to why they are not mining because what you and Getty are proposing should be very obvious to the board and management.

One blast event per day could be an issue but it is more likely there is another more serious fish hook that we investors/punters do not know about
    As I posted earlier, I suspect NTL is timing its run. They don't want to trigger the 2 year bulk sampling until they have their ducks lined up to apply for full consent, and further, don't want to be an election issue.

Legend

As I posted earlier, I suspect NTL is timing its run. They don't want to trigger the 2 year bulk sampling until they have their ducks lined up to apply for full consent, and further, don't want to be an election issue.

Which election ? - 2028 ? or later than that ?

It's not surprising that some may be thinking that while chapter has rolled on after chapter after successive Cap Raises Rights & other fancy money gathering tricks on top of earlier money gathering games, a tribe of tamed snails could have been trained up & have brought out more value in ore than NTL has managed to date ..

there obviously isn't any problem in emptying the trough throughout the NTL corporate structure as has been well demonstrated over the decades, however the issue seems to be in performance and in generating results - that is the physical gold stuff on the table (not fancy reports revising earlier educated guesses of what may be there) .. After all the outfit isn't there solely for the purpose of the Incumbent brass holding fancy tea parties at varying depths down the mine on the back of the bucket of shareholder stumped up gold

The Ancient history of the mine back over 100 years ago seems to be pertinent reminder to current management on just how to put gold on the table - which the old miners did very successfully.
    Last edited by nztx; 28-07-2020 at 07:32 PM.

steveb, time and time again people have panicked with little basis about an imminent cash raise. Time and time again I have pointed out 2+ million in the bank. Outgoings during lockdown other than the bill for the Peer Review should have been minimal. Strongly positive cashflow is achievable per a number of routes....most recently highlighted by Getty.

I get frustrated with posters determined to shoot us in the foot
    $2.4m in the bank according to last annual report, excluding the spend on the peer review. That's about the same amount as the cash used in expenses over the last year. Someone else can do the maths about the proportion of expenses to management costs. Anyway, cash will run out soon. The AGM needs to clarify where cash is going to come from.

Advanced Member

I may have it sussed, now that elections have been mentioned.
    i'll drop Matty a line, that he contact Shane Jones, for a wee $ 8 million contribution from the regional growth fund.

Questions from the Quarterly Activities Report to 31 March 2020

The primary focus has been on delivering a production route for the Talisman ore following the completion of a majority of the testwork at the pilot plant. I would like to think they are very close/ if not have this route over the line for the AGM.
    Question 1 – Please update us on this and if more than one option is still under review what is the process of making timely efficient decisions on this?
    The testwork has informed the design of the larger plant with a minimum capacity of 300tpm and forms the basis for the consent. Potential site locations were reviewed which may give some flexibility in council and district plans the plant can operate under.
    Question 2 – Can you please clarify how many more consents or applications are required before full production is achieved and what is the current turnaround time for these consents

Talisman Mine Plan
    As announced previously the Life of Mine level design continues to be developed. Recent gold prices have risen to such an extent that the impact on the mine design and economic cut-off grade allows for a review of areas such as larger parts of the Woodstock zone which are likely to become economic at the current gold price. Question 3 – Is reviewing these possibilities a distraction to production or current waste of shareholder funds? If not please explain why. As they can be taken up at a later stage
    The period saw the completion of the main operational plan which broadly sets out the developmental and infrastructure requirements needed to support the mine.
    The work completed on the plan during the quarter and which will accompany an application for mining will assist the team to
    • Identify options for exploitation of the orebody and risk/reward analysis to identify the option with the highest value outcome.
    • Design flexible mining and engineering infrastructure required for the most favourable option,
    • Adopt a long term mine development schedule and production profile.
    The remaining work on the plan was used, as noted above, to identify areas, both within the bounds of the existing mine and the larger permit area, with the potential for economic ore deposits which can be readily accessed while restrictions and distancing measures are in place. Following the completion of the resource estimate review the plan will be further developed to exploit any areas within the resource which may not have been previously included.
    Question 4 – Can we get a presentation during the AGM of the long term mine development schedule and production profile, main operational plan and the list of infrastructure required

At the same time evaluation of the potential for a collaboration on an independent processing operation is being undertaken which may provide an ability for an alternate funding structure to develop a plant for toll treatment by Talisman. More recently a series of discussions with a high-profile NZ industry group were advanced. The focus was on the potential for a formal collaboration that could facilitate funding, delivery, and operation of a joint processing plant as part of a broader industry offering. NTL is currently working on the delivery of a heads of agreement setting out the key criteria that would need to be met for the development of a Joint venture.
    Question 5 – Please update us and provide more information on this

During the quarter, an independent planner was contracted to assess the impact of planned mining operations, which are broadly similar to those for which the operation is already consented, against the requirements of the Operative Hauraki District Plan. This assessment is complete and has identified a number of technical investigations that will be required to underpin the resource consent application.
    Question 6 – Please clarify what the technical investigations are? And how you are progressing with these?

While much of the required information has been quantified through the underground rehabilitation, prospecting and test mining programme over the past 2.5 years, there are some aspects that need addressing by subject matter experts. Key individuals and groups with this expertise have been identified and cost estimates and their availability have been sought
    Question 7 – I note you are bringing in a number of experts for different areas. I believe this is a good option have you given them a clear scope and list of deliverables and how is this been managed?
    Question 8 – Has this been added to the schedule?

During the quarter, the company reviewed a number of opportunities of which a small NZ based project with an existing ML and resource was under review when Level 4 lockdown was 5 implemented. Any further work has had to be delayed until restrictions are at an end and the site can be accessed for field review.
    See Question 3

Definitely the right questions to ask Ltw. If these questions were asked of the company and we did not get adequate replies I for one would be reducing my shareholding further.

Advanced Member

Yes, I hope all shareholders appreciate the effort you have put into that Ltw, thank you

Advanced Member

Thanks LTW. These are the questions we need answers to. Will make sure Matt gets your post.Also send off to our largest shareholder for his thoughts. I have just under a 100 million shares,been through the mine twice ,so working together we should get some results.
    Mind you I have not backed away from my post about the rising gold prices from as of two days ago.
    Good to get many different ideas,so thanks all. As the virtual meeting is on the 6th August lets wind this thing up on the 4th so the best questions can to sent on to Matt
    Cheers
    digger