sharetrader
Page 544 of 697 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That would be ridiculous, especially as Balance did not make any comparison to Hitler. Have a proper read.
    You are wrong on that count Balance did compare with Hitler - distasteful!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Awesome, you are exercising your right not to follow this thread. Simple isn't it. Nothing wrong with bringing Hitler into the equation though. If you can't bring Hitler in, you cant bring Stalin in, neither Mao, or Che, or Obama. Does not really make sense to me.
    Oh no - more distaste

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I will put up the number of PMs from ST posters here thanking me for my postings on this site vs anyone of you Labourites anytime.

Brave enough, Westerly, to give it a go? Shall we say $1,000 since that’s all you can probably afford?
    I agree. There would be far more post-mortem responses to your posts than to any other poster given your subject material.
    As for your esoteric knowledge of Hoskings big toe and my financial position -that is weird.

I only bet on horses, an honest animal.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    You are wrong on that count Balance did compare with Hitler - distasteful!
    Quote the post.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Awesome, you are exercising your right not to follow this thread. Simple isn't it. Nothing wrong with bringing Hitler into the equation though. If you can't bring Hitler in, you cant bring Stalin in, neither Mao, or Che, or Obama. Does not really make sense to me.
    Well so much for me not following this thread

Just thought I should clarify what I meant about bringing Hitler into the equation.

I have no issue with discussions about Hitler, or Stalin or whatever regime, quite the contrary I think it is extremely important we do discuss these things. Lest We Forget. I have spent quite some time studying the Nazi regime and I have also spent time at the Auschwitz Birkenau concentration camps. An experience I will never forget not should I. My issue with Balances post is he COMPARED Labour supporters to Hitler followers. That comparison is distasteful IMO.

And now I really am out of here.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Well so much for me not following this thread

Just thought I should clarify what I meant about bringing Hitler into the equation.

I have no issue with discussions about Hitler, or Stalin or whatever regime, quite the contrary I think it is extremely important we do discuss these things. Lest We Forget. I have spent quite some time studying the Nazi regime and I have also spent time at the Auschwitz Birkenau concentration camps. An experience I will never forget not should I. My issue with Balances post is he COMPARED Labour supporters to Hitler followers. That comparison is distasteful IMO.

And now I really am out of here.
    Well that got rid of the bear. Hard to believe anyone is that sensitive to a little applied Godwin's law.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12352492
    'Compassionate': Jacinda Ardern ranked world's most eloquent leader.
    Professional development coaches compiled a list of the world's most eloquent leaders and Ardern topped the list after being praised for her empathy.
    "Jacinda Ardern employs an empathetic leadership style. She challenges the common perception that emotional communication shows weakness, instead choosing to approach the public with softer touch," the Development Academy wrote.
    "She has a measured and authoritative sincerity about her – she is kind and compassionate, without shying away from tough issues."

Three of the leaders named in the top five are women, with German Chancellor Angela Merkel named as the second most eloquent leader, ahead of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in third place and Canada's Justin Trudeau, who was ranked fourth.
    Scotland's Prime Minister Nicola Sturgeon was ranked fifth, with praise for her response to the Covid-19 pandemic as well as her humour.

"Jacinda Ardern for example, is a sincere and compassionate speaker, while Nicola Sturgeon is very engaging while demonstrating empathy."
    Although there are only around 10% of women in leadership roles worldwide, female leaders make up 50% of the top communicators."
    Shocking reporting from the NZ Herald that cannot even copy correctly from the original article. Scotland does not have a Prime Minister as it is not a sovereign state. Scotland’s First Minister is equivalent to an Australian State Premier. So I question the validity of this list of “world” leaders that mixes a local leader with national leaders. This is a British interests centric list with Germany playing a particularly pivotal role for the UK at the moment as it completes its retreat from the EU.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-08-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Hitler was responsible for the murder of millions of Jews. Ordinary people just like you and I. Anyone who isn’t sensitive about that, is the one with the problem.

Well that got rid of the bear. Hard to believe anyone is that sensitive to a little applied Godwin's law.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 01-08-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Guru

.......don't mention the war!
    LOL. Is Basil Fawlty posting on this thread?

Labour in the UK had trouble with anti-semitism. Their previous leader was a keen supporter of Palestine.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-08-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks, fungus pudding - first time I hear of the term so it's true we can learn something new everyday!