sharetrader
Page 358 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2583083483543553563573583593603613623684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 14171

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    For some obscure reason (I am not complaining) Sky are still offering me free movies when they said the offer would expire on the 31st July.
    Yeah, that is my feeling as well, they give away some freebies to keep customers numbers. And customers can be fluids on the nature of streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    I'm not advocating to buy a downtrend for the sake of it being in a downtrend, I didn't start seeing value in Sky shares until recently so my average cost base is very low.
    Well done allfromacell .....done better than Akane

Maybe Akane should answer Entreps question as well.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by KJMLimited View Post
    When I look at the depth of the buy and sell quotes, there is never any real volume showing. E.g, at 12.9 there are 700,000 shares being sold by 5 orders. That's an average of 140,000 shares per seller with a average value of $18,000. Hardly market moving stuff normally and I assume it is retail. Whether it is sharesies I have no idea. However the buy side looks the same. The institutional holders would all have enough stock at 12c through the placement and the sub-underwrite, so they are hardly likely to step up above 13 - but the unknown is how many traded out at 14+. Disc I'm a holder at 12, 13.7 and 16, did own it way way back when it was a monopoly and sold out at $5.35. I see some value here despite it not being anywhere near that monopoly anymore. Happy to wait it out.
    The big players are not going put their squillions of shares to sell (or buy) on the market - that's not how they operate.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-08-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well done allfromacell .....done better than Akane
    Didn't know this was a competition but if it was then I'll be ok being called a loser, as the numbers speaks for itself with my bags of SKT. Sure it's not big bags to some of the big players out there but it's still bags nonetheless.

To answer Entreps question as to when would one have bought more? Looking back I would've bought more (if I had the cashflow) at around 15c. Now at ~12.9cps I think it's a good deal, but I'll hold off, as I said I just don't understand this stock as much as I thought I did, it goes against everything I've learned, maybe I didn't learn enough or maybe SKT is going against the fundamentals, whatever it is I'll sit on the sideline for a bit for now whilst I'm trying to wrap my head around what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    "82% of the Institutional Entitlement Offer and Placement were allocated to existing eligible institutional shareholders. The balance of new Shares were allocated to new investors."

So new investors were allocated $21.456m or 178.8m shares at 12c.

Only 15.7m shares traded today - at closing price of 17c, plenty more stock to come from the new investors who obtained stock at 12c to lock in their 42% profit.
    This to me is the long and short of why SKT is heading towards 12c first before it trends back up* again.

Remember that new investors received 18% of the institutional placement & rights issue : 179m shares at 12c on 25 May

and

underwriters obtained 100m shortfall shares on 12 June at 12c - a total of 279m shares art 12c!

It's a bonanza for the new investors and underwriters when the sp spiked as high as 19.5c intra-day* post the capital raising so it's inevitable that they have been selling down to lock in their huge profits.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-08-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Being ex insto myself, I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by KJMLimited View Post
    Being ex insto myself, I disagree.
    Disagree for all you want.

It is what it is.

Most Bullish Case for Sky
    This Damsel in Distress gets rescued by a white knight.

Most Bearish Case for Sky
    Spark ups the ante on sports rights and Sky slowly loose their sports rights including eventually loosing NZ rugby rights.
    HBO etc... starts streaming directly to the customer and Neon looses all the good meaningful shows.
    Derek Handley stays on.
    Satellite Customers keep decreasing as the older generation retires until both ceases to exist.
    Rugbypass ends up being a hospital pass.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But there are more bear cases than bull cases, hence why the downward trajectory. I am a punter though, so i do see an acquisition in the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Most Bearish Case for Sky

Derek Handley stays on.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The big players are not going put their squillions of shares to sell (or buy) on the market - that's not how they operate.
    As an ex-insto, I disagree.