sharetrader

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Afterpay now a 10 bagger from its March low of $8.01 to the price just now of $80.70

Incredibly stuff, trade of the year!
    I left a lot of money on the table with my moral stance on "pay later" companies.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I left a lot of money on the table with my moral stance on "pay later" companies.
    In my honest opinion Afterpay actually encourages responsible spending, more so than the banks. The whole way it started was from consumers becoming more savvy to debt and interest, with the movement away from credit cards. People enjoy afterpay because it makes it easier to budget payments for the things you want.

Afterpay has industry leading customer advocacy scores, never charges interest and bars further spending when you get behind in payments. They also only lend up to $2000 and only once you have a good crediy history. This varies quite a bit from the standard credit card which charges 20.95% p.a., plus late fees.

I realise this sounds like a bit of a pitch, but i genuinely believe there's a reason Afterpay is one of the most loved companies in Australia.