sharetrader
Page 452 of 899 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 8983
    Guru

Anything under 4.25 is a bulk buy, only there are few shares at any time instos will buy off market.

Mr B published his working and they look sound. I will stick to the report by the ACA and his numbers, no JPG, BMP, GIFs or PNG's included.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 20-08-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Investor

Bit quiet around here today after few days flurry of activity, may be sharesies crowd have got their fill and moved onto bigger things

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Bit quiet around here today after few days flurry of activity, may be sharesies crowd have got their fill and moved onto bigger things
    Yeah we need the snow pussy back with his huge paws and tail thumping the floor and demanding its worth at least $6...or just let it go quiet and drift back towards $4 so serious investors can get a decent fill at a cheaper price
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-08-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeah we need the snow pussy back with his huge paws and tail thumping the floor and demanding its worth at least $6...or just let it go quiet and drift back towards $4 so serious investors can get a decent fill at a cheaper price
    Yep, wouldn't mind another bite around $4 mark or under that if it gets there especially before it goes ex-div next week.

If the OCR went deeply below zero won’t the NZD drop quite a lot

Might stimulate economy (RB hasn’t done that yet) good for HLG but what happens to HLG margins
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

They seem to have coped with the volatility in the exchange rate over the last few years pretty well.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

well i would be surprised in normal times if it drops to under 4 but these are not NOORRRAML. KMD surprise of the week prehaps on HLG news with good volume again. HLG volume pretty hopeless. Almost as if the market cant believe it. The market thinks is fully priced already.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If the OCR went deeply below zero won’t the NZD drop quite a lot

Might stimulate economy (RB hasn’t done that yet) good for HLG but what happens to HLG margins
    Anything can happen (and probably will) between now and then I guess, but currently I'm struggling to see the need to go negative. It's going to cause a world of pain on many levels to go there. I suspect if it did, it would mainly be because our main trading partners have done so and we need to follow suit in order to keep a cap in the NZD...so relative to said trading partner's currencies, we'll be in the same position we are now.

Anyway, just in case, better keep loading up on them assets

Guru

Negative rates would have to be something Mr O can explain the need for in the markets and too the public. With the labour government realising its ministries arnt geared for abnormal variations in operating procedures i wonder if they are not in possum in the head light country........
    Last edited by Waltzing; 21-08-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Veteran novice

As Cyclical has posted, the RB would explain negative rates by claiming that not to follow the herd would strengthen the NZD to the detriment of our exports. I don't like the idea either, but the alternative is equally unattractive.