sharetrader
Page 585 of 697 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I certainly thought those tests were and are mandatory. A lot of spinning on this in the House today, but the net of it is -
    I'm not sure that either the day 3 or 12 is mandatory but if you don't have the day 12 test you have to stay for 28 days - by then it will be gone or not infectious I gather.
    Can you force someone to have a medical procedure? A swab up the nose is a medical procedure.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I'm not sure that either the day 3 or 12 is mandatory but if you don't have the day 12 test you have to stay for 28 days - by then it will be gone or not infectious I gather.
    Can you force someone to have a medical procedure? A swab up the nose is a medical procedure.
    If you have the right legislation and regulations in place, you can put your swab up pretty much anywhere you like.

Guru

I think under the Human Rights Act you can refuse a medical procedure. So they cannot force you to have a swab.

I see it is the NZ Bill of Rights Act as some poster has pointed out.
    Last edited by blackcap; 26-08-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Advanced Member

The key point of this group of posts is spin and managing perception by politicians. I reckon most ordinary folk would have believed in 3 and 12 day testing, and that good records were kept.

Maybe I am wrong.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    If you have the right legislation and regulations in place, you can put your swab up pretty much anywhere you like.
    Have to change the NZ Bill of Rights Act 1990.
    11. Right to refuse to undergo medical treatment
    Everyone has the right to refuse to undergo any medical treatment.
    http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p...DLM225509.html
    Can't seeing that being too popular with the anti-vaxxers, will be tied up in the courts for a decade or two at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Have to change the NZ Bill of Rights Act 1990.
    11. Right to refuse to undergo medical treatment
    Everyone has the right to refuse to undergo any medical treatment.
    http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p...DLM225509.html
    Can't seeing that being too popular with the anti-vaxxers, will be tied up in the courts for a decade or two at the very least.
    A swab is not a medical treatment.

“Definition of treatment : medical care given to a patient for an illness or injury.”
    Last edited by Balance; 26-08-2020 at 07:50 PM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12359877

Can you believe that the government still isn't doing the day three testing?

After all those times they promised us they're testing people coming back into the country twice before they're let into the community, they're still not testing everyone on day 3.

Our plan to keep Covid out of the country looks good on paper, but unless it's actually being done, it's not worth the paper it's written on. Covid will slip through if you don't do what you say you're going to do.

Goodness only knows what the Prime Minister plans to announce to reassure us over this one. She's already used the 500 defence force card, the Heather Simpson and Brian Roche card, and the 'I promise we'll do it this time' card.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...h-collins.html

Cindy begging for mercy and pleading for Covid-19 not to be an election issue after getting clobbered in the House.

And this is after she stated at the beginning of the election campaign that the virus will define the election!
    Last edited by Balance; 27-08-2020 at 07:39 AM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12359831

paywalled

More telling blows landed - it’s clear that Collins has now got the full measure of Cindy.

And Cindy is unable to spin her way out of the pincer questioning trap set to extract the truth out of the team of incompetents.

A good read :

‘After some to-ing and fro-ing, Collins asked which minister was ultimately responsible for the Covid-19 response?

The answer she wanted from Ardern was that it was Ardern herself.

The answer she got was not that.

Ardern first said individual ministers were responsible for different strands of it and then that Cabinet as a whole was responsible for the overall response.

Collins asked again: was there not a single minister in her team that Ardern could rely on to take overall responsibility?

It delivered the rare bared-teeth moment: "I would happily have reference to my team on a billboard," Ardern jabbed at her.

It was a reference to National's partial disintegration since March – defying its billboard claim to have a "strong team".

Collins was ready for it. "Then why doesn't she?" she asked, pointing to Labour's Ardern-centric campaign.

To that, Ardern could only muster up an "it's implicit" by way of response.

Ouch! 😖
    Last edited by Balance; 27-08-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I certainly thought those tests were and are mandatory. A lot of spinning on this in the House today, but the net of it is -

"Dr Shane Reti: Is he really telling New Zealanders that the Government cannot count the number of people who entered managed isolation and subtract the number who were tested at day three?

Hon CHRIS HIPKINS: No, I'm saying that we don't routinely measure the number of people who haven't had day-three tests, because it's not the most important consideration when it comes to our public health response."

Who knew?
    I watched that reply and was absolutely flabbergasted