Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Yes i said except Japan and Korea. In countries like Vietnam and Malaysia streaming is mainly done by upper middle class, not the masses. Masses still watch linear tv programming.
    Now a day every house hold have TV box streaming with 40+ chanels just for 4 dollars/month and xtra for exclusive movies...not the old way anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Now a day every house hold have TV box streaming with 40+ chanels just for 4 dollars/month and xtra for exclusive movies...not the old way anymore.
    Sometimes it's not just about money, people may love to view movies with other audience and feel the atmosphere, just like sports, there is TV live streaming but stadium is still full.

I think this is the reason why TV and DVD not knock cinema down.

Me and my partner go to the movies at least 2 times a month as long as there releasing new movies, love the big screen, the popcorn, the drinks.

Its all about the environment and helps me to be catapulted into the world im watching a lot more, cant wait for them to open am going to go see Quiet place part 2 as soon it is released along with a number of others!

New lynn cinema is 10 mins drive and tickets are 11$ each, Disney released Mulan at what 30$ on disney plus. I would much prefer to go to the movies were we can enjoy the environment, drink, popcorn for maybe 10$ more!
    Last edited by Hello123; 27-08-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Me and my partner go to the movies at least 2 times a month as long as there releasing new movies, love the big screen, the popcorn, the drinks.

Its all about the environment and helps me to be catapulted into the world im watching a lot more, cant wait for them to open am going to go see Quiet place part 2 as soon it is released along with a number of others!

New lynn cinema is 10 mins drive and tickets are 11$ each, Disney released Mulan at what 30$ on disney plus. I would much prefer to go to the movies were we can enjoy the environment, drink, popcorn for maybe 10$ more!
    Exactly mate. It's all about the customer experience, however i think the cinema industry needs to evolve in order to keep the customer engaged. People are willing to spend a little bit more for a superior product/experience.

Its a peculiar thing indeed. I thought cinemas would die a decade or more back, didnt make financial sense given the growing options. And what happened? Ticket prices doubled and crowds flocked in. Bit like the housing market i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Exactly mate. It's all about the customer experience, however i think the cinema industry needs to evolve in order to keep the customer engaged. People are willing to spend a little bit more for a superior product/experience.
    The same here , specially with the kids .. and now a day they have a VIP seats and 3D experiments as well and other entertainments not just for Premier movies.
    I skipped the queue by punting and oder my tickets from the machine proudly with software by VGL instead of lining up.
    Last edited by tomm; 27-08-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJP View Post
    The market likes the news:

VGL

$1.710

$0.360 / 26.67%
    I can’t believe how positively the market greeted the results. I was in the “meh” camp.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I can’t believe how positively the market greeted the results. I was in the “meh” camp.
    Report season has been the definition of “contrarian”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    In fairness the Market has hardly had any time to speak either positively or negatively this week!!

Although I don't currently hold VGL, I like the company's products and management. I also like the industry and am an old school movie fan.

From a TA perspective, things are looking promising with a possible golden cross in the offering.

Unfortunately VGL is facing a market in the midst of Covid disruption, so I think I will forgo the fun (?) of 'picking the bottom' and wait for a more confirmed uptrend. GLH.