sharetrader
Page 233 of 288 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2876

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bit of down day for PPH today

Graham Shaw is Pushpay’s Chair - he’s talking at NZSA Wellington meeting next week. Might be worth the effort to attend.
    More executive sell downs

PPH has been punished hard the last couple of days. First the exec sell downs and now the general market drop

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    PPH has been punished hard the last couple of days. First the exec sell downs and now the general market drop
    Waiting for the asx at midday, then fill my boots

Guru

Good post by dr_weir...Ogg unfortunately the today's market says you are in a minority group so expect a lot of flack...However the previous couple of years you had many friends as you all had the majority view and almost all agreed....That's what the sharemarket is all about.. majority views rules the share price. Market sentiment!!!

So whats happening to PPH share price?
    ...Easy answer ..the price went up so quickly (4 Months) and at +300% increase you don't have to be a rocket scientist to get the feeling that the share price got overcooked. That's a good time to sell and lock in those huge easy profits...eh

Hard question is....when to buy in again

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Waiting for the asx at midday, then fill my boots
    AU:PPH opened down.. and is falling at I type -4.6%

"Filling my boots".. reminds me as a kid walking behind the cowshed in my gumboots and stepped into a small hole..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Good post by dr_weir...Ogg unfortunately the today's market says you are in a minority group so expect a lot of flack...However the previous couple of years you had many friends as you all had the majority view and almost all agreed....That's what the sharemarket is all about.. majority views rules the share price. Market sentiment!!!

So whats happening to PPH share price?
    ...Easy answer ..the price went up so quickly (4 Months) and at +300% increase you don't have to be a rocket scientist to get the feeling that the share price got overcooked. That's a good time to sell and lock in those huge easy profits...eh

Hard question is....when to buy in again

Thanks for the chart

I've tended to buy and hold but in hindsight if I had sold off around one-third of my shares at a little over $9 the rest of the shares would be essentially have been paid for by the profits. When the average cost is $0 I can be more relaxed and deploy the rest of the cash elsewhere. Hindsight is an amazing thing. I've not really be into TA in the past but I've started studying it recently and am getting the hang of it. Right now, I have too many companies to follow but I will start following charts for some of my bigger holdings and hone my skills...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Thanks for the chart

I've tended to buy and hold but in hindsight if I had sold off around one-third of my shares at a little over $9 the rest of the shares would be essentially have been paid for by the profits. When the average cost is $0 I can be more relaxed and deploy the rest of the cash elsewhere. Hindsight is an amazing thing. I've not really be into TA in the past but I've started studying it recently and am getting the hang of it. Right now, I have too many companies to follow but I will start following charts for some of my bigger holdings and hone my skills...

Tango..yes your "cream off the top" investment strategy is commonly used by investors and seems to work well..
    Re: TA...TA is a valuable entry/exit tool to have in your toolbox...Be-careful not to let the hindsight excuse blind you (pun). This is a big excuse anti-TAers use...When analysing charts you are dealing with the past up to the present day... Remember, both TA and FA disciplines use past to present data so it doesn't matter what investment discipline you use you always have this hindsight (past data) factor in play as a part of any future decisions.

Back to investing strategies:..TA tends to be a variable term investing thing and a better rowing investment strategy tool when timing seems important..FA tends to be a longer term investing thing and better used as a sailing investment strategy tool..

Simply put, during volatile times and bear market cycles a rowing strategy is best..During a bull market cycle a sailing strategy (e.g buy and hold) is best.
    Rowing V Sailing Investing

Re: Pushpay investing..my method (disclaimer..do your own research to obtain what you personally happy with as an investing method) uses a rowing investment strategy for both Bull and Bear markets and the best tool for the job is the TA discipline..Why?.. In the past (using Hindsight) PPH which is a very fast growing companies has long hiatus price periods followed by sudden very large upward price correctional bursts..Looking ahead into the future, if there is a long bull market cycle in operation, holding capital in a stock that is in a hiatus period creates a capital opportunity loss as you miss out on big price rises elsewhere while waiting for PPH to do its breakout thing..So rowing with PPH is a better method during the long Bull Market cycles as well as the shorter Bear market cycles..

All Company stocks have their own share price behaviour...(that's easily seen on charts) for example MFT (Mainfreight) has a very long term continual steady climb behaviour (disregard Covid bear) which the investor would obviously prefer use a sailing investment strategy, one being the very passive buy & hold strategy, another is the less passive accumulating dip buying...In MFT case the very passive buy & hold looks to be the best sailing investing strategy alternative...
    Last edited by Hoop; 05-09-2020 at 11:35 AM.

As per forsythbarr's report on 23 July 2020, "We initiate coverage of PPH with an OUTPERFORM rating and a target price of NZ$12.42. Key attractions are PPH's best-in-class product offering, lack of market competition for customised large church giving solutions, customer stickiness and exposure to a number of structural shifts. These trends include the expansive growth in number, size and donations of US 'megachurches' while the adoption of digital giving is rapidly accelerating on a global basis. We estimate PPH's Total Addressable Market (TAM) to be US$3.0bn."

But yes, don't really known when to buy in!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisphan View Post
    As per forsythbarr's report on 23 July 2020, "We initiate coverage of PPH with an OUTPERFORM rating and a target price of NZ$12.42. Key attractions are PPH's best-in-class product offering, lack of market competition for customised large church giving solutions, customer stickiness and exposure to a number of structural shifts. These trends include the expansive growth in number, size and donations of US 'megachurches' while the adoption of digital giving is rapidly accelerating on a global basis. We estimate PPH's Total Addressable Market (TAM) to be US$3.0bn."

But yes, don't really known when to buy in!
    Today is as good as any day to buy in
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

Tango..yes your "cream off the top" investment strategy is commonly used by investors and seems to work well..
    Re: TA...TA is a valuable entry/exit tool to have in your toolbox...Be-careful not to let the hindsight excuse blind you (pun). This is a big excuse anti-TAers use...When analysing charts you are dealing with the past up to the present day... Remember, both TA and FA disciplines use past to present data so it doesn't matter what investment discipline you use you always have this hindsight (past data) factor in play as a part of any future decisions.

Back to investing strategies:..TA tends to be a variable term investing thing and a better rowing investment strategy tool when timing seems important..FA tends to be a longer term investing thing and better used as a sailing investment strategy tool..

Simply put, during volatile times and bear market cycles a rowing strategy is best..During a bull market cycle a sailing strategy (e.g buy and hold) is best.
    Rowing V Sailing Investing

Re: Pushpay investing..my method (disclaimer..do your own research to obtain what you personally happy with as an investing method) uses a rowing investment strategy for both Bull and Bear markets and the best tool for the job is the TA discipline..Why?.. In the past (using Hindsight) PPH which is a very fast growing companies has long hiatus price periods followed by sudden very large upward price correctional bursts..Looking ahead into the future, if there is a long bull market cycle in operation, holding capital in a stock that is in a hiatus period creates a capital opportunity loss as you miss out on big price rises elsewhere while waiting for PPH to do its breakout thing..So rowing with PPH is a better method during the long Bull Market cycles as well as the shorter Bear market cycles..

All Company stocks have their own share price behaviour...(that's easily seen on charts) for example MFT (Mainfreight) has a very long term continual steady climb behaviour (disregard Covid bear) which the investor would obviously prefer use a sailing investment strategy, one being the very passive buy & hold strategy, another is the less passive accumulating dip buying...In MFT case the very passive buy & hold looks to be the best sailing investing strategy alternative...
    THANK YOU 🌟

This is super helpful. In the past I had read books and done courses talking about the Buffett method which is basically buy a good business at a margin of safety price and then sit back and let the winners ride. More recently I saw someone who is a Buffett disciple use TA for entry and exit points, both for individual stocks and to get a sense of overall market trends, and a huge freaking light bulb went on. I could see that using that strategy I may leave some gains on the table but I dramatically reduce the risk of being caught out with big market dips and as you say there is an opportunity cost of letting it sit in a company going nowhere.

For some reason I had a mental block about this idea of selling shares and then rebuying. Time for a change in strategy!

Your post just added to my knowledge and reinforced the need sharpen my TA skills until I truly understand it!! 🌟