sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Beagle ...all AIR 787’s back in AIR

Phil (tech pilot) took Captain Dave for a jaunt to check thie one that had been in storage since early February

Exciting stuff eh

@PhilipKirk6
    A fine Auckland morning to return our final @FlyAirNZ 787 to the air after storage. Also nice to be out with our Chief Pilot Capt. David Morgan on this flight. 14 787s (our entire 787 fleet) ready to move cargo and repatriate our customers. Big thanks to our engineers once again!
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

"oh dear i hear the fat lady singing" the government has simply kicked for touch but the field is soaked with rain and no one can see the teams anymore.... it game over... government has presided over a market beware event. If you invest in this market company it buyer beware and the government has to step up and take the equity hit. Times running out and nothing now will get done till xmas?

Lets hope cargo is profitable.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 08-09-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Beagle ...all AIR 787’s back in AIR

Phil (tech pilot) took Captain Dave for a jaunt to check thie one that had been in storage since early February

Exciting stuff eh

@PhilipKirk6
    A fine Auckland morning to return our final @FlyAirNZ 787 to the air after storage. Also nice to be out with our Chief Pilot Capt. David Morgan on this flight. 14 787s (our entire 787 fleet) ready to move cargo and repatriate our customers. Big thanks to our engineers once again!
    I still haven't flown in one with their "nightmare" 17.3 inch seat width. My office chair is 19.5 inches wide and I'm looking for a new one, https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...RST&ajaxhist=0 enough said lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "oh dear i hear the fat lady singing" the government has simply kicked for touch but the field is soaked with rain and no one can see the teams anymore.... it game over... government has presided over a market beware event. If you invest in this market company it buyer beware and the government has to step up and take the equity hit. Times running out and nothing now will get done till xmas?

Lets hope cargo is profitable.
    Cargo was just 6% of their revenue last year IIRC. $75m a month cash burn (at the mid point) was stated assuming no social distancing on aircraft which currently isn't the case. I would think current cash burn would be over the top end of guidance of $85m per month, possibly a little more than $100m a month at present.

No wonder they want $439 each way Auckland to Hokitika next week
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-09-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I still haven't flown in one with their "nightmare" 17.3 inch seat width. My office chair is 19.5 inches wide and I'm looking for a new one, https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...RST&ajaxhist=0 enough said lol
    Those Dreamliners are awful mate .....even in the wider seats

Office must be comfortable (and safe) .....all tax deductible these days isn’t it.
    Last edited by winner69; 08-09-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Seems that many are forgetting the govt assistance needs to be repaid ........unless the intent is to nationalise the thing.

Just as well punters have provided $800m of that liquidity in prepaid fares .....one should question the morality of spending that to stay afloat?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Those Dreamliners are awful mate .....even in the wider seats

Office must be comfortable (and safe) .....all tax deductible these days isn’t it.
    Yes indeed, we're still in the Covid business stimulus period where any asset under $5,000 + GST can be expensed in full in the year of purchase.

Sounds like I haven't missed anything with the Dreamliner...actually did sit in their business class seat at the 75th anniversary celebration Te Papa exhibition where they had examples of the new economy, premium economy and business class "Dreamliner" seats and you're quite right, even the business class seats are super tight for big dogs. Funnily enough they also had a section of the old flying boats there from when they first started flying. The amount of space back then was incredible ! If Mrs B and I ever get to Switzerland it won't be on an AIR Nightmareliner I can assure you of that !

As for trading while technically insolvent, (which is what they are doing now) we urgently need legislative change to protect consumers. This non refundable thing so they can claim that prepaid travel is technically not a liability is morally and ethically repugnant and farcical. Many European countries and in the USA prepaid airfares must be refunded upon request if the service can't be provided. Why not the same here ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-09-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Guru

"No wonder they want $439 each way Auckland to Hokitika next week
    "

i had a great price to wellington and back in 3 weeks.. not sure what it would be now... i should have locked it in..for the NZSO.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]
    "No wonder they want $439 each way Auckland to Hokitika next week
    "

i had a great price to wellington and back in 3 weeks.. not sure what it would be now... i should have locked it in..for the NZSO.
    I have found the prices for all my recent flights to be reasonable.
    Certainly the cheap cheap ones are gone but the next tier is acceptable.
    I haven't seen any price gouging but tend to plan ahead. Already booked a few for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I have found the prices for all my recent flights to be reasonable.
    Certainly the cheap cheap ones are gone but the next tier is acceptable.
    I haven't seen any price gouging but tend to plan ahead. Already booked a few for next year.
    Price gouging is rampant all over the country at present for anyone that has to travel on short notice for business.