sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

I will be booking hamilton to wellington if the NZSO puts on a concert im interested in. Was going this month but oh well. Yes it will certainly increase travel options for all those of us stuck here. Was due to be in st petersberg for the ballet season, oh well 2022.

"Blind Freddy" should be able to see that a major deeply discounted cash issue is coming in the near future.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-09-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

""Blind Freddy"

how many shares is he expecting to buy?

LOL Its a saying mate.
    Blind Freddie
    [Blind Freddie]
    NOUN
    Blind Freddy (noun)
    an imaginary person supposed to have little or no perception.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

how many "Blind Freddies" are there in air NZ share registry....

cant be many ...there are bots buying at 135 every n seconds at the moment...

Bots are blind right? Oh my gosh they are not BOTS nor "Blind Freddies"

Obviously no "Blind Freddies" today accept the ones selling AIR ...

who still owns AIR....

not "Blind Freddie"

can someone please tell me how much profit AIR is making on 70,000 seats at 50 KIWIS (not the little brown bird) a seat.

for those who dont hold euros a KIWI is slight more than half a Euro...

Your KIWIS are not worth much ...Halve the profits and double the loses and now how do you feel.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-09-2020 at 02:27 PM.

They're probably buying in hope that the government acquires 100% of the airline after the election.

After that, hopefully I'll be able to ride a 787-9 to Gisborne and land there while the train is crossing the runway. That'll be exciting on multiple levels.

Guru

Im stil with MR B on this one... the government arnt going to buy them out at 1.35 when they can wait till all the money is gone and buy them at 50 cents or less?

i dont think the government has a plan , its flying in a storm and cant see anyway out.

They barely bailed themselves out on a tourism game.

Now i dont know one end of a rugby field pitch to the other. All looks the same too me.

But AIR is going to be a lot more complex that that little tourism problem.

Dont know why the south isnt on level 1.5 what ever that is..

Im sure someone has a plan for this company but no one around the world has much of a plan for airlines in this situation.

one solution: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/airl...one-place.html
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-09-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Advanced Member

Would Air ever consider resuming Antarctic flights? Would there even be a market for that?

Shareholders are on a financial trip to Mt Erebus whether they realize it or not...for anyone else that wants to go there without major financial damage there's this https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/04/how-...m-the-air.html
    I am pretty sure the skeletons of the past will haunt Air New Zealand for the rest of its history such that it will never dare to fly to Antarctica again.

Guru

not even scenic trips to white island are on yet....

the loan is tantamount to a life raft being launched from the desk of a coast guard cutter ...

now a plan is required and the with election here nothing is going to happen.. the loan is the solution for now.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 16-09-2020 at 07:29 AM.