Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
Fair enough, but I there are a large number of health professionals with the opposite view. I remain surprised that one program influenced your opinion - which is not a personal attack. I have a number of nurses in my circle of acquaintances, and they overwhelmingly support the bill, most having spent many years nursing end of life patients. It took me a long time to decide what to vote, and had decided I would abstain, but after further consideration I have decided it's unfair to withhold my support from anyone opting for that choice. I have settled on yes. I have met and spoken to Seymour, and I like him. He's certainly intelligent and I don't see the arrogance that you do - but that's just our personal viewpoints. Best wishes with your treatment.

All good, cheers.
I'm finding it a difficult decision & can see arguments both for & against, not so much against euthanasia but the way the bill is written.
I suppose the two things which got to me were the arguments 1) the safeguards in the way the bill is presently written as not being considered safe enough or workable by many in the palliative care sector.
2) like a jury decision, needing to be 100% certain the bill in it's current form is not ever going to result in any suffering or injustice to anyone in an extremely vulnerable position.
However, I'll continue to think about it.