sharetrader
Page 184 of 240 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2400
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    10th October 2019 CEN SP $9.04 ................plenty of room for a re-rate especially with 0% interest rates looming
    ,,,,except that was before the closure of Tiwai was announced, and the probable closure of New Zealand Refining's 'refining' operations and the slashing of jobs at NZ Steel. For Contact in particular, this means a higher bill from Transpower as they struggle to get their excess hydro power north (if they can get it north at all) and a delay in the construction of their new Tauhara geothermal power station. So all in all higher power supply costs and lower demand. That doesn't sound like a recipe for increasing profits to me.

If zero interest rates are built into your share decision acquisition process, that means theoretically the value of any share paying a dividend is infinite. By that measure paying $100 for your Contact shares sounds like a bargain. Be careful out there in this investment market. Having said that, I have no intention of selling my Contact Energy shares that I already own. I am effectively 'looking through' the next three to five years.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 09-10-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    ,,,,except that was before the closure of Tiwai was announced, and the probable closure of New Zealand Refining's 'refining' operations and the slashing of jobs at NZ Steel. For Contact in particular, this means a higher bill from Transpower as they struggle to get their excess hydro power north (if they can get it north at all) and a delay in the construction of their new Tauhara geothermal power station. So all in all higher power supply costs and lower demand. That doesn't sound like a recipe for increasing profits to me.

If zero interest rates are built into your share decision acquisition process, that means theoretically the value of any share paying a dividend is infinite. By that measure paying $100 for your Contact shares sounds like a bargain. Be careful out there in this investment market. Having said that, I have no intention of selling my Contact Energy shares that I already own. I am effectively 'looking through' the next three to five years.

SNOOPY
    you should be happy just collected your div and its up nearly $2 since at this rate once smelter confirmed it might even make new highs?
    one step ahead of the herd

Why is Contact Energy the latest hype stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    cen was the hype stock last time all the gentailers took off , way outperformed the others. this is what happens a group takes off and 1 off them becomes the darling to it isnt. this time it is pretty much all together last 6 mths
    cen just got sold down more than the others when the hype ran out last time so its playing a bit of catchup at the moment. there all together this time on the expectation of a smelter deal if it happens and on going low rates
    Last edited by bull....; 09-10-2020 at 03:22 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Rumor going round that CEN might be joining the MSCI in 3 November

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Rumor going round that CEN might be joining the MSCI in 3 November
    Good point. I think if they keep their current SP its not a rumor but very likely, but obviously - anything can happen by the 3rd of November ... exciting times ahead.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 10-10-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Is this good or bad

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...271/332674.pdf

Disc ... know nothing about these energy stocks except TRINA says they pay good divies
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I see it as
    • sales stable to up
    • netback improving (i googled netback - it means profit per unit)
    • connections down not drastically but still.
    • storage returning to mean still down but less so.
    • Nth Is. still a bit short of storage huh
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

market says its ok, so thats all that counts.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Still a buy at 46 times earnings? pssh.. It was borderline at $6.25 last week IMO