sharetrader
Page 366 of 733 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 7326

Gave themselves so many ticks it's incredible

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...487/332944.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Gave themselves so many ticks it's incredible

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...487/332944.pdf
    WOW - they collected $3.9m for charity and they say they went not just through one, but through two restructuring processes this year - that's simply amazing!

They even developed processes "to define future career developments, performance and remuneration". Very impressive!

... and yes, ticks all over the place:
    We maintained our Rainbow Tick accreditation and achieved the Accessibility Tick accreditation this year. The representation of females in senior leadership positions increased from 21 in 2019 to 25 in 2020, and we launched “Lean in circles” to provide leadership development and peer to peer mentoring for women to work towards gender equality
    Must have been an amazing year. As they say - everybody gets a bargain at the Warehouse ;

Never mind the share holders, though - no divie.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 15-10-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    WOW - they collected $3.9m for charity and they say they went not just through one, but through two restructuring processes this year - that's simply amazing!

They even developed processes "to define future career developments, performance and remuneration". Very impressive!

... and yes, ticks all over the place:

Must have been an amazing year. As they say - everybody gets a bargain at the Warehouse ;

Never mind the share holders, though - no divie.
    What's really incredible is the $45m in restructuring costs - after spending $15m in F19

That's $60m in 2 years

Wonder if there will ever be a 'payback' for all this

I might look back (morbid fascination) how much WHS have spent / written over the years

Come on mate, there's a few Te Reo words in that presentation so shareholders get a free Te Reo lesson, surely that's worth more than 18 cps in annual dividends
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

See our Nick's remuneration was $2,862,000 = prior year was $1,972,000

He got an LTI of $1,304,000

Median hourly rate of all team members is $21.15 (think that means half of team members earn less that that)

No comment from me
    Last edited by winner69; 15-10-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Red and Blue sheds (why don't they do anything about the latter?) just dangling along ...
    Noel Leemings doing ok-ish and Torpedo 7 might have potential in a future life.

ROE 11.6% ... not flash, but sort of ok-isch - however the only reason for the still halfway acceptable ratio is the small denominator (low equity).

Liabilities to assets skyrocketed to 79.7%. I know, this funny new accounting standard is not treating them nicely, but still - do they want to become a bank? First step seems to be to accumulate liabilities ;

I guess this leaves at least hardly any potential for anybody to take over and add debts, but I know, would not work anyway given committed majority share holders;

Intangibles on the balance sheet are not neglectable anymore, leaving an NTA of only 69.4 cents per share.

Not really a Buffet company ... and while they claim to do now "agile"- their load of liabilities (and I suppose as well their so far demonstrated attitude) will hardly allow them to be nimble.

Just saying ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    See our Nick's remuneration was $2,862,000 = prior year was $1,972,000

He got an LTI of $1,304,000

Median hourly rate of all team members is $21.15 (think that means half of team members earn less that that)

No comment from me
    And the owners of the company, the shareholders get nothing and hundreds of staff laid off. That takes morally repugnant to a whole new level !

Board to blame...they're the ones that hired him and allowed this gross debauchery.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-10-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    When the reason or reasons I brought a share for change [usually for the worst], I sell at market, no matter what I paid .
    I try to hold only winners,or extremely high conviction shares .
    I wish I read this advice long ago, however I still appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    I wish I read this advice long ago, however I still appreciate it.
    The argument is that you don't need to be limited to making your money back on the same shares, but can instead make it back on another company.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    The argument is that you don't need to be limited to making your money back on the same shares, but can instead make it back on another company.
    True, however I originally bought this as a dividend share, at that time I was following my broker's advice to buy this instead HLG in 2013. So it's been a learning for me.