sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Fabulous Winner, thank you....... made my day.
    But Ben wrote in the footnotes of The Intelligent Investor

The first is a footnote that says that this formula does not give any real intrinsic value for a stock.

and

A warning — clearly labeled as such — then says that the formula is only intended as an illustration, and that such projections of growth rates are never reliable.

I think the market has finally realised that Jayne really stuffed A2 up and its a hard job to fix
    Last edited by winner69; 17-10-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Don't worry Winner....... I'm not buying or selling ATM. More than happy with my current holding. It's all about DYOR.

Here's an interesting article out of Aus about the decline of the Daigou channels. I always viewed daigou distribution as 'opportunistic' and look forward to seeing how ATM's transition to on-line and increased Mother & Baby stores off-sets this.

Membaa

“I think the market has finally realised that Jayne really stuffed A2 up and its a hard job to fix“

I think you’re enjoying winding up the faithful, like the current SP has nothing to do with ‘honest Geoff’ telling us that the Daigou channel is stuffed from COVID and pantry destocking and shipping issues and buying into capital intensive manufacturing and no clue what to do with shareholders cash mountain... stuff like that. It’s all Jayne’s fault eh?

I hate to admit it but maybe Beagle foresaw the damage that Jayne caused with his controversial and damning post a few weeks ago about the declining growth rates at A2

It was in the numbers all along

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Don't worry Winner....... I'm not buying or selling ATM. More than happy with my current holding. It's all about DYOR.

Here's an interesting article out of Aus about the decline of the Daigou channels. I always viewed daigou distribution as 'opportunistic' and look forward to seeing how ATM's transition to on-line and increased Mother & Baby stores off-sets this.
    Thanks leftie - interesting article

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just for year leftie.

I used marketscreener eps forecasts extrapolated out to 7 years using a reasonable growth decay rate which gave g(rowth) of 14% pa and used 1% as Bond rate which is what Fonterra bonds are roughly going for me (reflects industry risk)

Ben Graham's Intrinsic Value of ATM is $83.51

Ben was probably right when he said his formula was crap eh

Funny enough if you forget the part that reflects low bond rates its $18.98
    No No, that formula is 100% correct!
    I swear buy it!

Banned

The Daigou channels will now be up and running again and A2 is working hard at developing its direct sales channels so the current sp is just an irrational market response due to misplaced uncertainty.

Advanced Member

What Mcdongle posted #3074 on SML thread, may explain Fridays pullback on ATM.
    Obviously ATM has an exposure to SML via its shareholding.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    What Mcdongle posted #3074 on SML thread, may explain Fridays pullback on ATM.
    Obviously ATM has an exposure to SML via its shareholding.
    More likely just profit takers and manipulators flexing their Friday muscles, unfortunately A2 is one if the most manipulated stocks on the ASX, you can observe this daily when the price starts to run on the NZX it quickly gets trashed once the ASX opens or if it does have a run there it is squashed in short order, with the current uncertainty traction is a real problem.

Advanced Member

Would you say UBS is the main game player?