sharetrader
Page 166 of 505 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Maybe the other farm animals had lots of capital gains but did not share them, yet expected the Little Red Hen to share the fruits of her labour? So the Little Red Hen looked for her own land to de the same as them.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...wont-take-them

Have a read of who are the other farm animals.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/123...ecruit-pickers

Leave it to private enterprise to come up with solutions.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/123...ecruit-pickers

Leave it to private enterprise to come up with solutions.
    Agree - its a good idea but it is their business so they need to source labour to pick the cherries, pretty simple really.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'd like to remind people that today we are not supposed to do any electioneering, by NZ law. This was brought up on this website by the owner a couple of elections ago and I suggest we adhere to it today.
    We live in a wonderful democracy people. Have a good weekend :-)
    As just about every thread has posts overtly promoting political parties of some sort and can be readily accessed on Election Day - surely the whole site should have been taken down for the duration of Election Day? Just like hoardings and billboards have to be physically removed.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-10-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    As just about every thread has posts overtly promoting political parties of some sort and can be readily accessed on Election Day - surely the whole site should have been taken down for the duration of Election Day? Just like hoardings and billboards have to be physically removed.
    Given that law was cast in 'simpler times', it needs to be revised, especially in light of the vast number of early votes were both encouraged and cast while hoardings, search engine ads, social media ads, tv ads, etc. were still being disseminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Given that law was cast in 'simpler times', it needs to be revised, especially in light of the vast number of early votes were both encouraged and cast while hoardings, search engine ads, social media ads, tv ads, etc. were still being disseminated.
    That being said, given the unique circumstances of this election, labour we always going to win this one, irrespective of campaigning rules pre voting day.
    Last edited by ynot; 18-10-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    That being said, given the unique circumstances of this election, labour we always going to win this one, irrespective of campaigning rules pre voting day.
    To be clear, I think the time has passed for a complete moratorium on advertising on election day. We have ready access to information that influences our vote (especially via social media), and many actively seek this out on the day in order to make their decision.

Advanced Member

I think Finance spokesperson Paul Goldsmith's mistakes right at the start of Collins tenure as leader, which immediately undermined National's so called strength & point of difference , managing the economy, & tripped up Judith Collin's momentum dead in its tracks, added significantly to a party which looked a shambles. There is always a honeymoon period around a new leader but Collins was having to defend own goals right from the start.

I live in the Taieri Electorate(previously Dunedin South) I did not vote for the Labour Candidate as I have reservations with a candidate with no local connection being parachuted into a safe seat. I just doesnt sit well with me. What are others opinions?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I live in the Taieri Electorate(previously Dunedin South) I did not vote for the Labour Candidate as I have reservations with a candidate with no local connection being parachuted into a safe seat. I just doesnt sit well with me. What are others opinions?
    Very wise. Mind you, it's an electorate that has always been plagued with dead-beat MPs way back to MacDonell who held it for several terms - and was completely useless; and the minister of speeches, Bill Fraser - and who can forget Clare Curran. Drive around that god-foresaken electorate and it's quite obviously ignored by everybody- including the MPs who have represented the inhabitants. Perhaps with the exception of Cullen who had his hands full with the cheque book.