sharetrader
Page 497 of 899 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 8983
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Comparing apples and oranges. There's been plenty of tech wrecks over that timeframe too.
    FWIW I first got into HLG in Aug 2016 at ~ $2.70 on a yield of 15% gross. Its more than doubled its money in the last four years and its paid two massive dividends every year unlike many other companies.

Horses for courses. I'm in the twilight of my working career and want some stocks that pay me monster dividends so I can enjoy beautifully aged Scotch by the riverside parked up in my new German made campervan

Its very tempting to go even more overweight and get even more of my portfolio working at 12% gross...sure beats working for a living
    My advice to you Mr Beagle as a former Top 10 shareholder in this company is to stop p****** around and Go Big or Go Home. PS-I may make a comeback on this one once I'm able to empty the milk bath im currently submerged in somewhat.
    Last edited by couta1; 15-10-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My advice to you Mr Beagle as a former Top 10 shareholder in this company is to stop p****** around and Go Big or Go Home. PS-I may make a comeback on this one once I'm able to empty the milk bath im currently submerged in somewhat.
    Thanks mate. I hold twice as many currently as I have ever held before but I still believe a reasonably well diversified portfolio gives the optimum return for the more moderate risk involved.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.

Comparing apples and oranges...
    Horses for courses. I'm in the twilight of my working career and want some stocks that pay me monster dividends so I can enjoy beautifully aged Scotch by the riverside parked up in my new German made campervan

Its very tempting to go even more overweight and get even more of my portfolio working at 12% gross...sure beats working for a living
    It was simply coincidence that those 3 shares entered my watch list at that time however I find it useful to back-check performance from a capital gains point of view.

Of course it's all horses for courses and each to their own.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 15-10-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Comparing apples and oranges. .... FWIW I first got into HLG in Aug 2016 at ~ $2.70 on a yield of 15% gross.....
    Sure, more like comparing a ham sandwich with a Blackforest gateaux IMHO. I know which I prefer .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Sure, more like comparing a ham sandwich with a Blackforest gateaux IMHO. I know which I prefer .
    I think with Mr Beagles blood pressure issues the ham sandwich is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I think with Mr Beagles blood pressure issues the ham sandwich is the best option.
    Maybe, then, he is better to stick with the apples and oranges!

LOL, lets move on.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks mate. I hold twice as many currently as I have ever held before but I still believe a reasonably well diversified portfolio gives the optimum return for the more moderate risk involved.
    Subtle. LOL.

Good to see everyone's on form this morning.

Meanwhile, looks like HLG is over the disappointment of being p***** on by the CX Bladder team around the NZX50 inclusion...onwards and upwards.

Guru

HLG has profits and a record of it, balance speaks volumes.

Still havnt got enough based on balance sheet , tiny holding compared to past holdings due to the completely 1920's market euphoria. eye watering recovery. We went much bigger then before on defensives like ARG ect. MR B went to cash before entering back a bit later after observing the hurricane wind swept seas.

Following the events of Sat night I think there will be pressure to repay wage subsides:
    Hallensteins = 2,487,184.80
    Glassons = $2,697,806.40 (+ another very small extension)

So that's about $5m gone from the balance sheet.
    Not sure of the effect on sp ? From an accounting POV about 10 cents, but maybe more from a reputational damage POV ?