sharetrader
Page 572 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 724725225625685695705715725735745755765826226721072 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 14171
    Advanced Member

I've been doing some more prep...

The other company that owns 50% of Vodafone New Zealand is "BIF IV ICN HOLDINGS PTE. LTD." incorporated in Singapore. It stands for Brookfield Infrastructure Fund 4 (IV is roman numerals). I don't know what ICN means - I think it just means Infratil and CHAN, who was one of the directors of Brookfield that formed the joint venture. There's no other mention of ICN anywhere so it has to be that.

I couldn't find any recently formed holding companies on the Singapore companies website. You have to pay to get the data. What's interesting is that "Infratil HC" only has 1 share allocated. Are they planning on bidding just by themselves or going halves with Brookfields again?

What we do know about Brookfields is that they have raised $20 billion in capital this year and still have another 60% left to allocate. Here's a recent investor presentation:

BROOKFIELD INVESTOR DAY PRESENTATION 24TH STEPTEMBER 2020

Quote from page 39: "our focus will be on acquiring software/software-like services that resemble utilities"

https://i.imgur.com/8Gb8VJh.jpg

INVESTOR DAY TRANSCRIPT

Snippet from page 10": "data infrastructure will represent a more significant portion of our capital deployment going forward...with the replacement of obsolete copper and the investment info fiber optics and new satellite systems, we are clearly in a unique 100 year data investment upgrade."

https://i.imgur.com/bnoxQ13.jpg

One thing for sure is that Brookfield is very much aligned with Infratil in terms of their investment philosophy. The shift to data infrastructure as a long term investment is a common theme between these two. It seems likely they will continue to work together in the future.

The real question is, does Sky qualify as a "data infrastructure" company. If so, then yes, it seems likely that Brookfields will be interested in buying them. You could argue that Sky's shift towards streaming and it's recent satellite deal with Optus for the next 10 years qualifies them a data infrastructure company.

The bottom line is that the money is there. Infratil and Brookfield are both cashed up and are looking for acquisitions. If they do make a bid for Sky, it better be a decent bid and not some crappy low ball offer that wastes everyone's time.
    Last edited by Ogg; 18-10-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Trust power - meant to be together

Advanced Member

In this grave hour, perhaps the most fateful in Sky's history, I send to every user, my peoples, both at home and at work, this message. Written with the same depth of feeling for each one of you, as if I were able to befriend your account and private message you myself. For the second time, Sky is to be consolidated. Over and over again we have tried to find a profitable way out for the business, we have raised additional capital and have relaunched Neon. But it has been in vain. We have been forced into a merger, conditional on clearance from the Commerce Commission, if it were to prevail, we would be offered a cash settlement. Such a takeover, stripped of all disguise, is surely the mere primitive doctrine that 'Cash Is King'. For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear, it is unthinkable that we should refuse this offer. It is to this high purpose that I now call my people at home, and my peoples across the internet, who will make our cause their own. I ask them to hold their shares and stand calm and united as there may be further offers ahead. The takeover will be long and hard. There may be dark days ahead, and there is no certainty of a successful transaction. But we can only do the right as we see the right, and reverently commit our cause to Sky as it is fundamentally undervalued. If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it, then, with the market's help, we shall prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

In this grave hour, perhaps the most fateful in Sky's history, I send to every user, my peoples, both at home and at work, this message. Written with the same depth of feeling for each one of you, as if I were able to befriend your account and private message you myself. For the second time, Sky is to be consolidated. Over and over again we have tried to find a profitable way out for the business, we have raised additional capital and have relaunched Neon. But it has been in vain. We have been forced into a merger, conditional on clearance from the Commerce Commission, if it were to prevail, we would be offered a cash settlement. Such a takeover, stripped of all disguise, is surely the mere primitive doctrine that 'Cash Is King'. For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear, it is unthinkable that we should refuse this offer. It is to this high purpose that I now call my people at home, and my peoples across the internet, who will make our cause their own. I ask them to hold their shares and stand calm and united as there may be further offers ahead. The takeover will be long and hard. There may be dark days ahead, and there is no certainty of a successful transaction. But we can only do the right as we see the right, and reverently commit our cause to Sky as it is fundamentally undervalued. If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it, then, with the market's help, we shall prevail.
    What a guy, let's see if the announcement will be put out today.
    Last edited by LEMON; 19-10-2020 at 07:20 AM.

What a day to be working on a high risk site where I cant look at my phone.
    Can you ask them to delay by two months, I had planned on making a substantial investment around Mid December

Zzz zzz. Another day

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Zzz zzz. Another day
    Hey there negative Nancy, another week day means another chance for takeover to happen.

Have some faith, it's gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Hey there negative Nancy, another week day means another chance for takeover to happen.

Have some faith, it's gonna happen.
    I'm actually not worried about a take over. Sky's turned a corner and it's a waiting game. Takeover talk keeps popping up too much. Kinda like end of the world sayers. Date comes nothing happens then they make up another date. Rinse and repeat

end of day or end of week for the real announcement

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Zzz zzz. Another day
    It's the weather. Far too cloudy today.