sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Somehow the farce that remains of the current National Party has infected & contaminated this thread.
    I think the Nats nearly passed away on Saturday on life support at best.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    As Arnie said " I'll be back" and so will the Nats, very cyclical this business as you would know,

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Funny!

And regarding the discussion re using the term “passed away” or “dead“ I use both. On the whole I tend to reflect the word the persons family use back to them as that way I know I am using words they are comfortable with.

As a medical person I probably have a bias towards using the word dead and that is the word I use in talking about my mother and my father who have died. But I know some people are not comfortable with the word especially when a person has died suddenly or unexpectantly and I respect that. Sometimes it takes a while for people to process that a loved one is gone so they might refer to a person as having passed away early on in the process but once they have accepted the person is gone they are able to refer to them as having died.

Anyway thats been my experience of things

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Funny!

And regarding the discussion re using the term “passed away” or “dead“ I use both. On the whole I tend to reflect the word the persons family use back to them as that way I know I am using words they are comfortable with.

As a medical person I probably have a bias towards using the word dead and that is the word I use in talking about my mother and my father who have died. But I know some people are not comfortable with the word especially when a person has died suddenly or unexpectantly and I respect that. Sometimes it takes a while for people to process that a loved one is gone so they might refer to a person as having passed away early on in the process but once they have accepted the person is gone they are able to refer to them as having died.

Anyway thats been my experience of things

What about 'deceased' or 'Terminated' - In an Arnie voice?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    What about 'deceased' or 'Terminated' - In an Arnie voice?
    I quite like carked.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I quite like carked.
    I have a mate who uses that word, not to a close relative though and the Nats have hardly carked it to keep the comment on thread, though it could be said they had a good go at it in recent months, which did not help their cause.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I quite like carked.
    Personally I love the word carked but wouldnt use it in a conversation with someone outside of my immediate family and friends

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Personally I love the word carked but wouldnt use it in a conversation with someone outside of my immediate family and friends
    Popped his clogs is a good one and then there is Shuffle off this mortal coil for the more refined.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Popped his clogs is a good one and then there is Shuffle off this mortal coil for the more refined.
    and hard to beat 'kicked the bucket'.

Guru

I quite like carked.
    I like Gone burger and turn up your toes. Sleeping with the fishes or sleeping with the angels are good depending on how good or young the person was....