sharetrader
Page 414 of 689 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6883

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    What is the deal with McD? Do they have an equity stake or some form of IP ownership or just a really significant customer?

[edit: I just see that they have !0% holding]
    They paid 5mil a year and a half ago and bought 10% stake in PLX.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    They paid 5mil a year and a half ago and bought 10% stake in PLX.
    McDonalds acquired 13,795,311 Plexure shares (9.83%) via Atlas Bear LLC @ $0.3905 (15% premium to market) = $5,387,069 purchase price, now worth $21,244,779 at market close Friday 23 October.

That's a 394% gain on their investment and they remain the 2nd largest shareholder. Reckon McDonalds are pretty happy with their 'investment'.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    McDonalds acquired 13,795,311 Plexure shares (9.83%) via Atlas Bear LLC @ $0.3905 (15% premium to market) = $5,387,069 purchase price, now worth $21,244,779 at market close Friday 23 October.

That's a 394% gain on their investment and they remain the 2nd largest shareholder. Reckon McDonalds are pretty happy with their 'investment'.
    All small change to McDonalds. Their major benefit was that they could block Plexure from selling software to other fast food chains. White Castle were signed up before McDonalds intervention so is the last chain to be a customer of Plexure. It is very pleasing to see the success that they are having with Super Indo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    All small change to McDonalds. Their major benefit was that they could block Plexure from selling software to other fast food chains. White Castle were signed up before McDonalds intervention so is the last chain to be a customer of Plexure. It is very pleasing to see the success that they are having with Super Indo.
    So essentially they bought that share to limit the future potential of plexure. Wonder if for $5million it was worth it for plexure hindsight 20/20

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    So essentially they bought that share to limit the future potential of plexure. Wonder if for $5million it was worth it for plexure hindsight 20/20
    That reads like an oversimplification, have a look at the actual announcement and break it down. For a no sell to a 'defined list of competitors' (in QSR) Plexure has open access to McDonalds world wide. https://www.nzx.com/announcements/332813 2/4/2019, 8:31 am

Three months later Plexure announces WhiteCastle, I guess they weren't on the defined list of competitors? https://www.nzx.com/announcements/337897 22/7/2019, 8:30 am

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    That reads like an oversimplification, have a look at the actual announcement and break it down. For a no sell to a 'defined list of competitors' (in QSR) Plexure has open access to McDonalds world wide. https://www.nzx.com/announcements/332813 2/4/2019, 8:31 am

Three months later Plexure announces WhiteCastle, I guess they weren't on the defined list of competitors? https://www.nzx.com/announcements/337897 22/7/2019, 8:30 am

"..... United States’ fast-food burger chain White Castle......often hailed as America’s first fast-food chain, White Castle boasts almost 400 restaurants located across 13 states....."

You would have thought White Castle would have made it onto the defined list of competitors. Guess its not a very comprehensive list, so that's good. Hard to see anything not to like about PLX, feels like a company about to break out. I like the potential, cash flow positive, actually profitable. They've been around a while though without really getting going. Are they paddling frantically to stay where they are or are they about to get lift-off? I know I looked at them a year or so ago and thought the risk was too high, that was a mistake in hindsight.

"..... United States’ fast-food burger chain White Castle......often hailed as America’s first fast-food chain, White Castle boasts almost 400 restaurants located across 13 states....."

You would have thought White Castle would have made it onto the defined list of competitors. Guess its not a very comprehensive list, so that's good. Hard to see anything not to like about PLX, feels like a company about to break out. I like the potential, cash flow positive, actually profitable. They've been around a while though without really getting going. Are they paddling frantically to stay where they are or are they about to get lift-off? I know I looked at them a year or so ago and thought the risk was too high, that was a mistake in hindsight.
    Maybe the upcoming ASX IPO will give them some extra capital to possibly consider some acquisitions to expand? Anyone else got any thoughts?

Advanced Member

Plexure was already in talks with White Castle when Macca's offer came up.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Plexure was already in talks with White Castle when Macca's offer came up.
    Thats right - Maccas would not have missed that one if they could avoid it. It was a very cheap strategic move for Maccas and came at a time when Plexure was struggling - a totally unloved share finding it difficult to raise capital.

Quote Originally Posted by CamNZ View Post
    Maybe the upcoming ASX IPO will give them some extra capital to possibly consider some acquisitions to expand? Anyone else got any thoughts?

Why do that though? Haven't they got a compelling technology? Why not run that technology out to 100x more customers over the next 12 months? What's the barrier to doing that?