sharetrader
Page 440 of 689 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 6883
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    Selling to McDonalds is easy because they are the default supplier.

But when you have the CEO talking about being involved in a pitch for an account, that has also been sent to your competitors, right at the same time as a capital raise... it starts to scream desperation to me. Outside of that, there is a lot of people here throwing new markets around like they are a done deal. And then this is being built out into 50% growth... it's almost laughable if it didn't reek of the 'Pump and Dump' talk that use to go on in the crypto currency world.
    Did you get back in after you sold out on 21/7 .. that would be between $1.20-$1.24 on the day? I recall you were reasonably bullish even up to early July having held for years, then on various concerns you bailed which surprised me at the time. Since then you've only posted on PLX thread and have been negative ever since. Do you think you'll ever get back into PLX, or are you waiting for a lower price? Given you can't participate in the SPP if a non-holder, $1.20 pretty much set the market floor so it's possible you could get back in around your sell price. Anyway, I've enjoyed our at times robust conversation over the years on Plexure, always good to consider other peoples views.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Good caution there sunny.
    Some posters seem to think that just because a Kiwi co. lists on the ASX, The Aussies will flock to it.

It aint necessarily so.
    They are spoilt for choice with their own listings, and tend to yawn when another one comes along, unless it is truly amazing, or innovative.

Recently, some Kiwi's tried to hype up NZO's ASX listing, but if anything, it dampened the price.
    XRO was an exception, not a benchmark.
    Well, after todays demoralization & destruction of ATM on the ASX, who needs an Aussie listing?

Its not as if a co the size of PLX couldnt raise enough cash in NZ.

Next stop, NasdaQ if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Well, after todays demoralization & destruction of ATM on the ASX, who needs an Aussie listing?

Its not as if a co the size of PLX couldnt raise enough cash in NZ.

Next stop, NasdaQ if necessary.
    Problem is the $30m cap raise is dependent on them listing on the ASX,but it could be a good time to huy some ATM

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Did you get back in after you sold out on 21/7 .. that would be between $1.20-$1.24 on the day? I recall you were reasonably bullish even up to early July having held for years, then on various concerns you bailed which surprised me at the time. Since then you've only posted on PLX thread and have been negative ever since. Do you think you'll ever get back into PLX, or are you waiting for a lower price? Given you can't participate in the SPP if a non-holder, $1.20 pretty much set the market floor so it's possible you could get back in around your sell price. Anyway, I've enjoyed our at times robust conversation over the years on Plexure, always good to consider other peoples views.
    I was very bullish as they headed into profitability... but then I noticed their growth rates started to drop off. If you're profitable... I don't mind slower growth. But my mandate is you have to be focused on profitability.

When you have knowledge of a lot of other similar sized tech companies in NZ (which aren't listed), earning around $25m per year but have profits of $5 - $7m, I look at PLX and what they are doing now and think they are going backwards.

PLX is not set-up as a SaaS. They have to pitch for work against their competitors. Their competitors are very good.

So this entire capital raise was to invest in more staff in the hopes of supporting pitches they MIGHT win. They have given themselves 2 years with a forecasted loss of $10 million for this financial year alone.

I sold out and was very happy. I held PLX for years. I have now moved my money across to LBY on ASX. Another local NZ tech company with strong growth and a CEO who has a strong track record of success. But ultimately it is his goal to be profitable within 2 years that gets me excited. Plus they will be far bigger than PLX could ever hope to be when you forecast out their growth over 3 - 5 years. However, their ASX IPO was not great... and I think its important many members get their heads around the simple fact that this could very easily play out for PLX. But like PLX, I will hold for years

I also have IKE as they have a market and software that does not seem to have any competitors. Their challenge is simply to encourage potential customers to do business differently...instead of sending a guy to look at a power pole... for a small fee you can log into their software and visually look at it online. It's a no brainer in covid times, plus saves the customer money.

I do hope PLX succeeds of course. But I'm sick of watching NZ companies continually make loses, talking themselves up only to go back to shareholders with their hands out all the time. If you want to be a XERO or a PPH, you need to have a path to profit, otherwise you just end up being another Snakk Media - some revenue, no profits, but continual hype to secure more money from investors to pay your bills.

Cobber, I agree with your general point, that PLX is arguably overvalued compared to other listed companies.

They are also in a crunch point, after having 'easy' growth with Maccas they now have to do the hard yards.

But for the life of me, I don't see how LBY, an old and slow dinosaur, with even more competitors than PLX (and that's saying something) with a opportunistic ipo is any better. If I had to I'd take PLX over LBY that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
    Cobber, I agree with your general point, that PLX is arguably overvalued compared to other listed companies.

They are also in a crunch point, after having 'easy' growth with Maccas they now have to do the hard yards.

But for the life of me, I don't see how LBY, an old and slow dinosaur, with even more competitors than PLX (and that's saying something) with a opportunistic ipo is any better. If I had to I'd take PLX over LBY that's for sure.
    LBY is only 3 years old. Listed on ASX. Lay Buy. You sure we’re talking about the same company??

Ahold Delhaize buying Fresh Direct.

Fresh Direct are already online and have their own app, with the success of Super Indo, wonder if Ahold will involve Plexure in their growth plans?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/18/b...hop/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    Ahold Delhaize buying Fresh Direct.

Fresh Direct are already online and have their own app, with the success of Super Indo, wonder if Ahold will involve Plexure in their growth plans?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/18/b...hop/index.html
    Guess we will see if this eventuates into anything for Plexure.

Ascend and Cobber do have good points about Maccas giving them easy growth, I want to see a customer this year that actually means something and can keep them from relying on that ventilator which is MacDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Guess we will see if this eventuates into anything for Plexure.

Ascend and Cobber do have good points about Maccas giving them easy growth, I want to see a customer this year that actually means something and can keep them from relying on that ventilator which is MacDonald's.
    My scepticism about new customers was probably reinforced by someone's else's post on here recently of one of Herbi's recent interviews where he talks about being in a RFP pitch.

1 pitch. Only 1. That's all he had. One. LOL.

For a global company I'd be expecting them to be doing at least 5 a month. So it goes to show opportunities are slim pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    My scepticism about new customers was probably reinforced by someone's else's post on here recently of one of Herbi's recent interviews where he talks about being in a RFP pitch.

1 pitch. Only 1. That's all he had. One. LOL.

For a global company I'd be expecting them to be doing at least 5 a month. So it goes to show opportunities are slim pickings.
    One RFP on the go

How many in the sales team?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”