sharetrader
Page 1716 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 716121616161666170617121713171417151716171717181719172017261766 ... LastLast
Results 17,151 to 17,160 of 17880

Left winger Martyn "Bomber" Bradbury is doing a happy dance on his blog with the announcement Beach are going to drop their Otago off-shore permit.

This makes it more difficult for NZ O & G to get a drill started in this frontier province.

http://norightturn.blogspot.com/2020...-riddance.html

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Left winger Martyn "Bomber" Bradbury is doing a happy dance on his blog with the announcement Beach are going to drop their Otago off-shore permit.

This makes it more difficult for NZ O & G to get a drill started in this frontier province.

http://norightturn.blogspot.com/2020...-riddance.html

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Yep, final nail in the Clipper coffin I would have thought.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yep, final nail in the Clipper coffin I would have thought.
    Should also point out that OGOG hold 37.5% equity in Wherry.

I expect NZO to make a similar announcement for Clipper. The policy setting has just made it impossible to drill in NZ.

The focus will be Australia now, highlighted by the re-listing on the ASX.

Still waiting to see what we are buying with our cash though. At the AGM Andrew assured us that the small fortune we pay management is worthwhile because it got us the farm in deal for Ironbark. That was a good outcome - but we need to see a bit more jumping around now if these attractive investment opportunities do indeed exist.

At the AGM Andrew assured us that the small fortune we pay management is worthwhile because it got us the farm in deal for Ironbark. That was a good outcome - but we need to see a bit more jumping around now if these attractive investment opportunities do indeed exist.
    This I find hard to believe. NZO management has been the worst I have ever experienced, years ago I was in the top 20 shareholders and a big believer. Over the years they have done absolutely nothing expect run the company and shareprice down. Lucky for me I managed to lock in some profits when the share price was >$1.50.

And the latest bunch are the worst of all especially after the buyout fiasco.

But do hope they have success with the current drill. It would be very good for current shareholders. Good luck!

Advanced Member

I expect NZO to make a similar announcement for Clipper. The policy setting has just made it impossible to drill in NZ.

The focus will be Australia now, highlighted by the re-listing on the ASX.

Still waiting to see what we are buying with our cash though. At the AGM Andrew assured us that the small fortune we pay management is worthwhile because it got us the farm in deal for Ironbark. That was a good outcome - but we need to see a bit more jumping around now if these attractive investment opportunities do indeed exist.
    Seems so stupid that the Greens/Labour would rather import coal than use our own natural gas .
    Maybe NZ will one day import LNG from Ironbark(I am an optimist only as far as Ironbark ).
    I guess its on the cards that NZO may move to Australia-looks like OGOG will not be staying here .
    Could be a reason for the ASX listing-a more empathic government and investment and exploration .
    OGOG knows that Natural Gas is the likely transition fuel that will be in more demand as the World moves to reducing greenhouse gases .
    Last edited by fish; 22-11-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Seems so stupid that the Greens/Labour would rather import coal than use our own natural gas .
    Maybe NZ will one day import LNG from Ironbark(I am an optimist only as far as Ironbark ).
    I guess its on the cards that NZO may move to Australia-looks like OGOG will not be staying here .
    Could be a reason for the ASX listing-a more empathic government and investment and exploration .
    OGOG knows that Natural Gas is the likely transition fuel that will be in more demand as the World moves to reducing greenhouse gases .
    Interesting thoughts fish.

If Ironbark does not result in a discovery, the SP of both Cue and NZO will fall significantly.

Perhaps a reverse takeover by Cue in that case will be on the cards? Net result a larger company just listed on the ASX.

Alternatively, management could distribute the Cue shares among NZO holders, and then liquidate the rest of NZO. Shareholders would still own a piece of Cue, and receive a one-off cash settlement from wrapping up NZO.
    I am firmly of the view that Ironbark is NZO's 'last shot' at doing something material. Especially now that Barque and Toroa look like goners.
    If we do not discover a significant pool of recoverable hydrocarbons, we simply do not have the size nor resources to start all over again in a meaningful way as we are.

Sale of our Kupe asset should pretty well cover our liquidation costs, management payouts etc. Which would leave ~50M of cash to be returned to shareholders (~30c/share). And then NZO shareholders can decide if they want to keep the Cue shares they receive, or sell them too.

I am still very bullish/optimistic about Ironbark - though I think it behooves one to understand your position on "what next?" in the event that this drill does not succeed.

Advanced Member

Interesting thoughts fish.

If Ironbark does not result in a discovery, the SP of both Cue and NZO will fall significantly.

Perhaps a reverse takeover by Cue in that case will be on the cards? Net result a larger company just listed on the ASX.

Alternatively, management could distribute the Cue shares among NZO holders, and then liquidate the rest of NZO. Shareholders would still own a piece of Cue, and receive a one-off cash settlement from wrapping up NZO.
    I am firmly of the view that Ironbark is NZO's 'last shot' at doing something material. Especially now that Barque and Toroa look like goners.
    If we do not discover a significant pool of recoverable hydrocarbons, we simply do not have the size nor resources to start all over again in a meaningful way as we are.

Sale of our Kupe asset should pretty well cover our liquidation costs, management payouts etc. Which would leave ~50M of cash to be returned to shareholders (~30c/share). And then NZO shareholders can decide if they want to keep the Cue shares they receive, or sell them too.

I am still very bullish/optimistic about Ironbark - though I think it behooves one to understand your position on "what next?" in the event that this drill does not succeed.

Thinking hard about the risks of Ironbark not succeeding and the impact on the share price. Your options on disposal possibilities are somewhat encouraging to stay in the game. Have read the SRK report also and think that at the end of the day, there are only so many chances to take the risk to win something this large in life, but sizing the level of risk to accept in a portfolio is no easy question. Risk / Reward are both High and Petro-Geology knowledge at depths being considered remain speculative, with many other farm-in players turning down the opportunity earlier, not that we know the reasons behind that (after confidential due diligence).

Still - I'm in!
    Last edited by Davexl; 25-11-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Thinking hard about the risks of Ironbark not succeeding and the impact on the share price. Your options on disposal possibilities are somewhat encouraging to stay in the game. Have read the SRK report also and think that at the end of the day, there are only so many chances to take the risk to win something this large in life, but sizing the level of risk to accept in a portfolio is no easy question. Risk / Reward are both High and Petro-Geology knowledge at depths being considered remain highly speculative, with many other farm-in players turning down the opportunity earlier (after confidential due diligence).
    Still - I'm in!
    Good to see you are still in .
    I have a big investment riding on this -initially base on the preferred valuation in the SRK report (from memory the risked valuation was $350 million ) and subsequent estimated chances of success which were actually better than SRK estimated .
    The CUE sp has nearly doubled this year and Beach had a big rise today.
    I expected there would be a rise in NZO with progression of the drill and consequent less risk of failure .
    I guess negative sentiment still clouds NZO valuation.
    However Ironbark is in the hands of BP-and you can be sure they have a good blowout prevention system !
    SRK estimated 50% chance of gas having been formed .
    We know there is excellent reservoir properties and likely good seal .
    I have been told from a reliable source that BP would not be doing this unless there was an approximate 1 in 2 chance success or better .
    Cue estimate a 1 in 3 chance

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I have been told from a reliable source that BP would not be doing this unless there was an approximate 1 in 2 chance success or better .
    Cue estimate a 1 in 3 chance
    Yeah and the technology has come so far, the odds of success are far more than they used to be.

No guarantee of commercial success of course, but it is fair to say that BP aren’t investing this kind of money for odds lower than 1 in 3 for a drill like this (and would probably have a higher threshold as your source suggests).

They wouldn’t be doing this for a 1 in 4 and certainly not a 1 in 20! (5%).

The lack of liquidity will probably continue to be a drag on the SP even in a success case unfortunately. The SP should theoretically go to $6.50 based on a valuation provided by an energy analyst last year. But I think that would only happen if NZO was liquid - investors need to know that they can sell their shares in the future without any delay or hassle.