sharetrader
Page 738 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 23863868872873473573673773873974074174274878883812381738 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 19415

I bought another parcel at $1.33 not expecting price to drop to $1.30. The market so often reacts the opposite to what you expect. ARV covid affected result next week will no doubt reflect a similar outcome as Ryman. Will Mr Mkt be similarly unkind to OCA. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    I bought another parcel at $1.33 not expecting price to drop to $1.30. The market so often reacts the opposite to what you expect. ARV covid affected result next week will no doubt reflect a similar outcome as Ryman. Will Mr Mkt be similarly unkind to OCA. Time will tell.
    Yep I did the same. If the SP drops any more, I will buy some more, and then I will be well overweight in this stock, so really exposed to any adverse shocks. Well into profit, but hate to see it dissipate.

Guru

being over weight in anything increases risk...

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    being over weight in anything increases risk...
    Haha that is certain. But if it goes back up to $1.46 or higher, being overweight is a sign of opulence. I believe that was the case in the 18 century.

The good old management incentive scheme - likes pigs to the trough eh or as they say in management HR consultancy lingo 'align these executives’ interests with the interests of Oceania’s shareholders'. What a load of crap.

As long as OCA aren't complete losers relative to NZX50 they got over one hurdle ....and of course the profit hurdles (target) seem to be missing

For the first performance hurdle, Share Rights will qualify for vesting on a straight-line basis from 0% where the total shareholder return (TSR) from the commencement date to the measurement date is equal to the 35th percentile of the NZX50 Group to 100% where the TSR is equal to or greater than the 75th percentile of the NZX50 Group.

For the second performance hurdle, Share Rights will qualify for vesting if OCA’s annual growth in underlying earnings (before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) per share (UEPS) from the commencement date to the measurement date is equal to or greater than the target for growth in UEPS for that period
    Last edited by winner69; 23-11-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I have asked them to tell us what the UESP targets are.

Betcha they nowhere near what shareholders Beagle and Mav reckon OCA earnings will be
    Last edited by winner69; 23-11-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I have asked them to tell us what the UESP targets are.

Betcha they nowhere near what shareholders Beagle and Mav reckon OCA earnings will be
    they will be lower for sure , just look at the share price action.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

but arnt there outstanding sales and no Covid costs this half? which means earnings should be up?

nothing from MR B because of course its all been said before...Mr M has already detailed the sails deferred till this half report?
    Last edited by Waltzing; 23-11-2020 at 06:52 PM.

grant robinson letter has a bigger effect on oca than other retirement stocks as a larger proportion of oca profits are margins on sale at higher prices. hence why its not so good anymore to levergae the property boom
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    grant robinson letter has a bigger effect on oca than other retirement stocks as a larger proportion of oca profits are margins on sale at higher prices. hence why its not so good anymore to levergae the property boom
    Letter is a response to public pressure and keeping political capital in place. Will it have any real impact?

Orr's response, translated eloquently in the link below, suggests not. Sounds like RBNZ will move on data, not letters.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/25...tters-decoded/