sharetrader
Page 877 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 37777782786787387487587687787887988088188792797713771877 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 18815

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    bitcoin nearing my 20k target , could be short term who knows lol but the rise in bitcoin seems to be at the expense of gold.

anyway on digital currencies it looks like they are being ramped up to replace paper money sooner than you think. china just conducted a trial of there digital currency in real time and the fed is ramping up there work into one. ( digital currencies give central banks lots more tools in there tool box to smooth the economies) heres a article on whats coming

Programmable Digital Currencies Are Coming - Here's What That Means

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/prog...ans-2020-08-18

Interesting article. I can see the attraction for central banks/govt and I can also see why the populace would be attracted to alternatives (eg. bitcoin) outside the system but I would think the govt, having gone to the effort of transferring to a digital currency, would want to eliminate the digital competition. After all, the benefits of an official digital currency would depend on it being the only significant digital currency. I can't see that being good for bitcoin?

A recent Supreme Court decision will change the nature and impact of class actions in New Zealand, with consequences for consumers, investors, corporates, litigation funders and insurers

It seems likely that opt-out class actions will become more common in New Zealand. If the Australian and American experience of opt-out class actions is anything to go by, this will likely mean corporates, and particularly companies listed on the NZX or ASX, may face a greater risk of such a claim

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...-class-actions

so litigation funders will move on NZ now against companies that do bad stuff .... no more bending the rules eh

Last edited by bull....; 03-12-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

markets looking good into end of year .... wonder when santa will come this year or was he early this year in november?

on the local front

Australia Sounds Alarm on Trade as China Row Slams Farm Exports

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

potential for NZ to sell more?

Zespri signs on with Chinese state-owned firm to buy illicit SunGold kiwifruit

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...gold-kiwifruit

looks like zespri has a lose lose situation , i thought china was all into win win lol anyway they are now forced into a joint venture with a chinese firm and must pay ransom money to local kiwifruit growers who stole there ip.

this is how china develops there local market according to the link below they force joint ventures take the IP and know how and use it to develop there own market. So in the longer term zespri market in china will stall and potentially decline as local firms replace there product with there own.

https://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/f...20the%20US.pdf

Communities will suffer' as $28b Reserve Bank scheme advantages big banks

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/123...ages-big-banks

more money for the aussies banks at the expense of locally owned

Last edited by bull....; 07-12-2020 at 06:41 AM.

The U.S stock market has rose $5.2 trillion so far in 2020.

During that same period 5 million people have become unemployed.

The disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street is simply astonishing...

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Zespri signs on with Chinese state-owned firm to buy illicit SunGold kiwifruit

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...gold-kiwifruit

looks like zespri has a lose lose situation , i thought china was all into win win lol anyway they are now forced into a joint venture with a chinese firm and must pay ransom money to local kiwifruit growers who stole there ip.

this is how china develops there local market according to the link below they force joint ventures take the IP and know how and use it to develop there own market. So in the longer term zespri market in china will stall and potentially decline as local firms replace there product with there own.

https://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/f...20the%20US.pdf
    The best of a bad situation I guess and some irony in China re-acquiring kiwifruit from NZ. Bad news long term for Zespri, Seeka and the local Kiwifruit industry but is just how the CCP parts of China does business. Respect for intellectual property or other's creativity is not a consideration and there's no legal system to help you. Business and investors need to see the relationship and market for what it is.

“We hope that with our world-leading management technology and best practices, we can help Chinese growers improve their growing techniques and increase their income,” Zespri chief executive Daniel Mathieson was quoted as saying.
    This is what I would say if I was CEO but it is not what I would do. The last thing Zespri should do is teach their involuntary state owned Chinese partner best practices in how to grow the fruit and manage their orchards. Once the partner has learned all their is to know, Zespri will have a new global competitor at half the price. Hopefully we are not still this naive. After the Lion Nathan, Rakon, Fonterra, and other disasters with Chinese state or state approved partners.

All businesses/industries reliant on the China market should have a risk premium applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    The best of a bad situation I guess and some irony in China re-acquiring kiwifruit from NZ. Bad news long term for Zespri, Seeka and the local Kiwifruit industry but is just how the CCP parts of China does business. Respect for intellectual property or other's creativity is not a consideration and there's no legal system to help you. Business and investors need to see the relationship and market for what it is.

This is what I would say if I was CEO but it is not what I would do. The last thing Zespri should do is teach their involuntary state owned Chinese partner best practices in how to grow the fruit and manage their orchards. Once the partner has learned all their is to know, Zespri will have a new global competitor at half the price. Hopefully we are not still this naive. After the Lion Nathan, Rakon, Fonterra, and other disasters with Chinese state or state approved partners.

All businesses/industries reliant on the China market should have a risk premium applied.
    thats what fonterra did with teaching the chinese joint venture partner best practice for farm management .... and we know what happened to fonterra after

IMO

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12958950 China getting meaner.Bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12958950 China getting meaner.Bullies.
    Chinese are great learners. US president de-elect taught them how to treat trading partners.

... but they probably didn't needed Trumps lessons, maybe they are just courteous and modelling their behavior on Australia?

Australia is breaking human rights regularly (asylum seekers, deportees, war crimes). Australia is breaking trade regulations as a matter of course (non tariff import restrictions) and very happy to change international relationships unilaterally. Bullied NZ often enough around, didn't they?

Australia is still arrogant enough to think they can lecture others in these matters despite ignoring international agreements they signed. Maybe they picked this time the wrong victim? China is not NZ and just asking how high they have to jump if the bully asks them to do so? China is hitting back.

While I don't like the Chinese system, government or human rights records - good on them for standing up to the Australian bullies.

Maybe Australia found somebody who can teach them a lesson or two ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 08-12-2020 at 01:15 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

US president de-elect taught them how to treat trading partners..........
    modelling their behavior on Australia.....
    Maybe Australia found somebody who can teach them a lesson or two ......
    Problem is, the only lesson anyone is learning is that you "win" by bullying people weaker than you. Not a great lesson in any context but particularly bad in this context if you happen to be a small, weak, isolated trading nation.

markets appear to be losing momentum ...... imo.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....