sharetrader

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Hybrid View

Guru

Absolutely agree with the sentiment here
    ACC & Fisher funds nearly hold 10 % as far as I can ascertain
    Hopefully any takeover will be dead in the water but don't expect this to be the only shot at IFT

Elongated pipeline of return for many years to come that is irreplaceable in my view.
    Its not just about the assets its also the IP
    They have been very good at looking after all stakeholders along the way
    Starting buying these when they first listed in 1994? and have added to all along the way
    Its mind boggling how a small amount back then has compounded to where it is now and long may it continue.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Absolutely agree with the sentiment here
    ACC & Fisher funds nearly hold 10 % as far as I can ascertain
    Hopefully any takeover will be dead in the water but don't expect this to be the only shot at IFT

Elongated pipeline of return for many years to come that is irreplaceable in my view.
    Its not just about the assets its also the IP
    They have been very good at looking after all stakeholders along the way
    Starting buying these when they first listed in 1994? and have added to all along the way
    Its mind boggling how a small amount back then has compounded to where it is now and long may it continue.
    Congrats, sold mine along time ago and have dithered about getting back in. One small influence was the brokers.They didnt seem to like Morrison and co ,the managers of Infratil and pointed out the large management fees Morrison extracted amongst other things.
    It would be sad and unwise to see some of assets especially renewable ones go offshore. I guess Morrison and co would have a clean sheet to start investing and managing a new company all over again.

Guru

Yes regarding the brokers always being down on IFT
    Maybe because they couldn't keep up twith IFT 'competive 17 per cent returns
    Regarding volumes traded prior the volume was lower than average the previous week
    As I noted though the trading pattern through the day was different

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Congrats, sold mine along time ago and have dithered about getting back in. One small influence was the brokers.They didnt seem to like Morrison and co ,the managers of Infratil and pointed out the large management fees Morrison extracted amongst other things.
    It would be sad and unwise to see some of assets especially renewable ones go offshore. I guess Morrison and co would have a clean sheet to start investing and managing a new company all over again.
    I for one have never begrudged Morrison for their high fees because they made money for me. I do however begrudge fees and salaries of the CEOs and directors that are absolutely useless and destroy shareholder value.