sharetrader

at what point do passive funds have to sell? any chance ATM drops out of some indices if share price settles around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You could easily be forgiven for thinking this whole downgrade thing has been extremely carefully crafted specifically to avoid any chance of anyone taking successful legal action against insiders for insider trading when they sold in huge volumes just a few months ago at close to double the price they are today. Don't blame you for using the adjective unbelievable, because it is ! The directors and senior management's credibility is in complete tatters in my opinion and I am sure I'm not the only one that feels that way !
    Yes and why a trading halt? They would of been aware of this at least 7 days ago and could of reviewed last weekend and announced before Monday trading...

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    synliat on trading halt now , wow sdomething up with them maybe lost a2 contract?
    They will need to revise their forecasts on the back of ATM expecting much slower recovery

Well I just got out at $11.20. Took a 29.9% loss on the chin. It had accounted for 8.7% of my portfolio pre halt.
    I have come to the conclusion that the Chinese are trusting their home brands more and more and the melamine disaster memory seems to be fading. That and the price war. Not keen to sit around and see margins get slowly eroded.

In better news I added STU yesterday and it is up 7% already. EBOS had a nice gain. Thank god for a diversified portfolio!! This has been my big learning today. Diversify!

Now where to put the ATM funds?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Well I just got out at $11.20. Took a 29.9% loss on the chin. It had accounted for 8.7% of my portfolio pre halt.
    I have come to the conclusion that the Chinese are trusting their home brands more and more and the melamine disaster memory seems to be fading. That and the price war. Not keen to sit around and see margins get slowly eroded.

In better news I added STU yesterday and it is up 7% already. EBOS had a nice gain. Thank god for a diversified portfolio!! This has been my big learning today. Diversify!

No mate, just buy the dip , it will come back.

Nobody likes seeing this kind of destruction of the SP for any company but it's not quite so bad if you hold a variety of stocks over which you can share the pain and have sufficient courage and patience to stay on the roller coaster.

The plunge in ATM today has been offset substantially by other gains so there has been only a 0.7% reduction in my total portfolio today - and I wont be selling into the panic following this announcement. The business is not stuffed and the SP will recover - one day. To be fair I've been holding since 2017 and my average cost is around $9. I'm currently on the right side of the SP and can afford to be a bit sanguine but I do feel for those who bought in at much higher levels.

Once again, attitude depends on whether you're a trader or an investor - and I'm definitely the latter.

Meanwhile HGH, IFT, MCY, OCA, PEB RYM, SCL, SKO, SPK, SUM, TRA, XRO & others in my portfolio have all had their share of rock 'n roll on the roller coaster but are humming along OK right now and not keeping me awake at night. (Good article in NBR about PEB today too.)

I'm not gloating - I don't enjoy SP dives - but do try to be philosophical when danger strikes, as long as it's not across the board!

Bonne chance to all.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    No mate, just buy the dip , it will come back.
    too true .. did so & averaged well down today --- never ever waste a good SP dip ..

Note how things starting recovering towards close
    Last edited by nztx; 18-12-2020 at 05:13 PM. Reason: add more

The price war started from Fonterra is targeting on A2. The Karicare A2 infant daigou wholesale price is 30-50% lower than normal Karicare infant. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE, BUT MESSAGE HAS BEEN DELIVERED.

Even most of Chinese domestic brands cannot compete with this low price.

This one a big learning curve for me. Just sold out for a 30% loss. Biggest lesson, don't keep buying on the way down thinking you've picked a bottom. Lesson learnt!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

painful , but your be happy i guess that you didnt have all your money in one stock
    one step ahead of the herd