sharetrader

Threaded View

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    Hi Fungus,

I realise this is a really old post but I was just curious did you end up doing anything with Mackersy? As I'm in the position you were in 2 years ago I am considering investing in one of their properties in Auckland https://www.mackersyproperty.co.nz/p...g-auckland-cbd

If you (or anyone else reading this) did have any dealings be interested in your opinion of them to deal with and also any thoughts on the issue of liquidity wjhen it comes time to exit the investment (although I would be buying to hold for many many years)

Thanks
    Yes. I have bought into three of their syndicates, and they seem ok. I will buy more, although one, Entex in Ch-ch, has problems. Main tenant is a movie theatre and Covid had them shut down for a while - other tenants in that complex are all restaurants and cafes, so that one will go through a hard time.
    For me, I'm not a share buyer (don't know the first thing about shares in general) although have a fair pile in LPTs. I understand Real Estate and nothing else. I can't be bothered with owning more buildings, so these are good things for me. Also good for estate planning.
    That's me, but they are certainly not for everyone. they probably aren't very liquid, but that suits me down to the ground as they eventually will be bequeathed and I'd rather the beneficiaries can't splash out on new cars etc.
    When I say I know nothing about shares, I have never bought anything with selling in mind - so every move I make is to increase my income.
    'keep stacking up income' is my philosophy.
    That's why I say - not for everybody.
    Another point about Mackersy properties as opposed to other syndicates I am in, is Mackersy offer an option which leaves them sorting out your tax and these days I can't be bothered with paper work. (LPTs are all PIES so that makes them simple too - not to mention the massive tax advantage, particularly under Labour's new 39% bracket)
    Hope that's some help.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 08-01-2021 at 06:13 PM.