sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Best utilisation of your investable funds and its future growth I was referring to ...

Even WHS has come back to 3 $ after 7 years ...lol
    So did I. It would be interesting to see someone who is thinking about worst utilisation of their investable funds and its future decline.
    As for the WHS it was at $3 just over a year ago.

Guru

Looks like the aussies pushed it off a small cliff today, down over 3% while the NZX listing is only down just over 2% (a fair difference)... although I'm somewhat surprised the share price is still over $10 (NZ listing), but as I've mentioned before, sometimes the fundamentals don't matter, just as long as the story feels good... and ATM still has a pretty good 'feel good' story around it.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 11-01-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Looks like the aussies pushed it off a small cliff today, down over 3% while the NZX listing is only down just over 2% (a fair difference)... although I'm somewhat surprised the share price is still over $10 (NZ listing), but as I've mentioned before, sometimes the fundamentals don't matter, just as long as the story feels good... and ATM still has a pretty good 'feel good' story around it.
    ATM's sp is driven from the ASX - sp of ATM on NZX is largely irrelevant these days (until ASX opens) save as a supplier of stock and as an arb play.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-01-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Latest broker to downgrade A2M :

"Also weighing on its shares has been a recent broker note out of Ord Minnett.

According to the note, the broker has retained its lighten rating and lowered its price target on the company’s shares to $9.90.

It reduced its price target and lowering its earnings estimates to reflect the tough trading conditions it is facing.

One possible positive, though, is that the company is sitting on a sizeable cash balance. With its share price trading close to a 52-week low, the broker has suggested that capital management initiatives could be considered."

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Latest broker to downgrade A2M :

"Also weighing on its shares has been a recent broker note out of Ord Minnett.

According to the note, the broker has retained its lighten rating and lowered its price target on the company’s shares to $9.90.

It reduced its price target and lowering its earnings estimates to reflect the tough trading conditions it is facing.

One possible positive, though, is that the company is sitting on a sizeable cash balance. With its share price trading close to a 52-week low, the broker has suggested that capital management initiatives could be considered."
    Meanwhile Ord Minnett has been buying millions of shares in the past week. Usual broker tactics of accumulating while lowering price targets. Sometimes gotta see thru the smoke and mirrors often associated with broker ratings.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 12-01-2021 at 10:52 AM.

From a couple of posters on HC;
    "...
    i read the same thing on Motley about Ord which is strange because Ord Minnet have been buying the stock as indicated by the broker data i have up till the 6th..."
    "...Taxed said:
    Well thats their standard tactic, accumulate whilst downgrading, such an honest transparent lot...."

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    "...
    i read the same thing on Motley about Ord which is strange because Ord Minnet have been buying the stock as indicated by the broker data i have up till the 6th..."
    "...Taxed said:
    Well thats their standard tactic, accumulate whilst downgrading, such an honest transparent lot...."
    Yep, smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Meanwhile Ord Minnett has been buying millions of shares in the past week. Usual broker tactics of accumulating while lowering price targets. Sometimes gotta see thru the smoke and mirrors often associated with broker ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    "...
    "...[FONT="]Taxed said:
    Well thats their standard tactic, accumulate whilst downgrading, such an honest transparent lot...."[/FONT]
    Conspiracy theory worthy of Trump himself?

Now how would anyone (especially on HC!) know (millions of shares no less) who is buying given the way that trades are done on the ASX & NZX?
    Last edited by Balance; 12-01-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Is it not the case that the brokers are simply buying on behalf of their clients, ie executing their clients instructions? So Ord Minnett et al can quite legitimately lower their price target whilst appearing to 'accumulate' the shares. It just tells me that clients are discounting their brokerage's advice and buying big at these levels.

BTW, I see that Forsyth Barr's latest research note* from 21 Dec has a revised target of $15.50 and retains their 'Outperform' rating. Just sayin'...

[* The FB research note also comments: The company does have a large cash balance which provides the option to help market confidence with a share buyback — this is “being considered”.]
    Last edited by HKG2301; 12-01-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    Is it not the case that the brokers are simply buying on behalf of their clients, ie executing their clients instructions? So Ord Minnett et al can quite legitimately lower their price target whilst appearing to 'accumulate' the shares. It just tells me that clients are discounting their brokerage's advice and buying big at these levels.

BTW, I see that Forsyth Barr's latest research note* from 21 Dec has a revised target of $15.50 and retains their 'Outperform' rating. Just sayin'...

[* The research note also comments: The company does have a large cash balance which provides the option to help market confidence with a share buyback — this is “being considered”.]
    You could say the same (ignoring their brokers’ valuation of A$12.50+) about the clients selling out big time?

Market will do what the market always do - interplay of conflicting short term sentiment sending the stock one way or the other.