sharetrader
Page 684 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1845846346746806816826836846856866876886947347841184 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 14171
    Advanced Member

Likewise, if 3 family members have it, and another one is thinking about joining Sky but thinks it's too expensive, then for only $25 they might change their mind. Hence, Sky gets more revenue.

The only down side is when the Sky technician shows up to do the install you have to get all the boxes back to the same address for the one day....

Is it possible the price is being driven lower for this so called M&A?

It is good that the share price has remained pretty stable but wish/hope/want it to start trending back up. As we all do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is it possible the price is being driven lower for this so called M&A?
    That would be fraud, and I believe the odds of that happening are virtually zero.

Well the Aussies certainly like this share more than the Kiwis, perhaps kiwi investors are turned off by history. Might be time for a rebranding.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Well the Aussies certainly like this share more than the Kiwis, perhaps kiwi investors are turned off by history. Might be time for a rebranding.
    Foxtel are welcome to put in a bid...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    That would be fraud, and I believe the odds of that happening are virtually zero.
    Fraud? You mean like sharing Netflix accounts? Surely that's not happening here.

I believe it's the UBS trading desk selling the stock:

"Mr Derick Handley is stepping down? But he's a long term director? Looking at his Linkedin profile he must important. Quick, we better put the algo on sell mode and trade this down before the stock drops further...[a few days later] Yes old chap, great play, we knew a director leaving was a sell signal. The announcement is correct. He left because the business is on a down turn. All this rubbish's on this so called Shuretrader suggesting he's a total fraud and got pushed out must be baloney"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Fraud? You mean like sharing Netflix accounts? Surely that's not happening here.

I believe it's the UBS trading desk selling the stock:

"Mr Derick Handley is stepping down? But he's a long term director? Looking at his Linkedin profile he must important. Quick, we better put the algo on sell mode and trade this down before the stock drops further...[a few days later] Yes old chap, great play, we knew a director leaving was a sell signal. The announcement is correct. He left because the business is on a down turn. All this rubbish's on this so called Shuretrader suggesting he's a total fraud and got pushed out must be baloney"

Fraud if the sellers are dumping shares to drop the price so that another organisation they are affiliated with can swoop in and buy the company cheaper - as seemed to be implied by the earlier poster.

That would be illegal and I think the odds of that happening here are zero.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 14-01-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Guru

I just can’t wait for the OSB sale to go through so that Ogg can start ‘working the phones’ to get a bidding war between Discovery, Comcast and Foxtel.

Then I can look forward to my $1B (or 60c per share) that he promised...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Fraud if the sellers are dumping shares to drop the price so that another organisation they are affiliated with can swoop in and buy the company cheaper - as seemed to be implied by the earlier poster.

That would be illegal and I think the odds of that happening here are zero.
    The odds of that not happening everyday is zero.

The stock will bounce soon when the sharesies users start posting about the half year results, which is only 4 weeks away.

Watch for the large pre orders at open. They should start happening in a couple of weeks time.

Thee sell bots will likely be caught by surprise. Will they push the stock sub 15 before it happens though?

Guru

I noticed more shiny new satellite dishes on rooftops in my fibre-only suburb during my walk today.

What do we reckon total subs will be as at end of December? I expect streaming grew too, so maybe around 1.1M?

If the average subscriber (streaming and satellite) pays sky ~$50/month that would be revenue of $660M. Add in some advertising revenue and it’s not far off projected revenue for the full year.

It’s a volume game now. Margins and much smaller than they used to be per customer, so gotta get the numbers up - and then keep them up (Sky Broadband should help a lot with the latter goal).