sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    It doesn't matter , the matter is that the result is in the NATIONAL LIBRARY of MEDICINE !
    That doesn't mean a lot without reading the article.

I am curious how they assessed inflammation using a pill cam, with any degree of sensitivity or specificity. There must be significant inflammation to be visible macroscopically and big difference between the control/intervention to tell them apart.

The biochemical markers may be statistically significant, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's clinically significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Milford recently lightened up or completely sold out of A2 in its largest fund. TA still looks bad.
    Lightened up :

"Elsewhere, a2 Milk surprised the market with a profit downgrade. We still hold a2 Milk in the Fund, however it had been reduced from a large overweight position on evidence of pantry stocking by Chinese mothers in April. Since then a2 has had one of its three major distribution channels, the daigou channel, severely impacted by flow on effects from COVID-19 and increased competition. The company remains on watch for signs that management have the situation back under control."

Milford's moves are well worthwhile taking note as they have a rather rigorous process in place before they invest in or divest out of any investment.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Lightened up :

"Elsewhere, a2 Milk surprised the market with a profit downgrade. We still hold a2 Milk in the Fund, however it had been reduced from a large overweight position on evidence of pantry stocking by Chinese mothers in April. Since then a2 has had one of its three major distribution channels, the daigou channel, severely impacted by flow on effects from COVID-19 and increased competition. The company remains on watch for signs that management have the situation back under control."

Milford's moves are well worthwhile taking note as they have a rather rigorous process in place before they invest in or divest out of any investment.
    Another major holder Fisher funds and its managed KFL also reduced position just before the December downgrade ...but they still hold it 8% of the fund ..No 5 largest holding ...they also have rigorous process of stock selections

TA tells us another panic bottom is needed ...which can cause that ? Still its not gone below second panic bottom of 10.47 yet ...holding around 10.80 levels ...but with a downward bias .

Maybe market waits for HY results announcement ...HY value we know but thats first opportunity for company to address future guide

That maybe the trigger on both side big movement

I personally think if ATM had not Halted trading for 2 days then 10.47 panic would not have happened

Advanced Member

tbh I don't even remember at this stage. Have we had 2 or 3 profit downgrades already?

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    tbh I don't even remember at this stage. Have we had 2 or 3 profit downgrades already?
    Two ...One in late Sept and other in Dec

Both tanked stock 20% + each !!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Two ...One in late Sept and other in Dec

Both tanked stock 20% + each !!
    Thanks. I fear the old adage might come true.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Thanks. I fear the old adage might come true.
    For me its 50/50 ...so can invest part now and save the other part after any announcement ...either good or bad

https://www.fool.com.au/2021/01/21/3...ould-be-a-buy/

Could be a buy.

Bet you when sp moves up, article will change to ‘is a buy!’

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.fool.com.au/2021/01/21/3...ould-be-a-buy/

Could be a buy.

Bet you when sp moves up, article will change to ‘is a buy!’
    That makes sense to me. Doesn't conventional wisdom suggest you should wait until an uptrend is confirmed before entering? Or have I misunderstood something?

we are still short riding the trend down. nothing has changed fundamentally at the moment in regards to the factors affecting a2 sales etc at the moment. be strong stay with the trend.
    one step ahead of the herd