sharetrader
Page 33 of 207 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hardly an inspiring & encouraging counter to Brian Gaynor’s scathing criticism of how the original shareholders are taking their money and running?

“However, Henry Chung, director of investment banking at Jarden, said at the time of the announcement the IPO will offer investors the opportunity to get involved in a sector they had so far been unable to access on the NZX.

“Companies like My Food Bag taking the lead in going public on the NZX can really make an impact, encouraging new companies to list and allowing investors to expand into new industries – locally.”

Yeah well .. I prefer to see my IPO take ups to at least have a reasonable amount of goodness left in the bag
    to carry forward .. and not most of it creatively sucked out leaving behind mostly skin & a bit of water, with those
    responsible for the IPO job (ie the newly enriched MFW's (MY FAT WALLETS) promptly doing an exit into the distance

Have bookings for the Spectator seats closed just yet ?
    Last edited by nztx; 19-02-2021 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add more

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hardly an inspiring & encouraging counter to Brian Gaynor’s scathing criticism of how the original shareholders are taking their money and running?

“However, Henry Chung, director of investment banking at Jarden, said at the time of the announcement the IPO will offer investors the opportunity to get involved in a sector they had so far been unable to access on the NZX.

“Companies like My Food Bag taking the lead in going public on the NZX can really make an impact, encouraging new companies to list and allowing investors to expand into new industries – locally.”
    Horah Henry!- doesn't necessarily make it a good investment because its a new sector re listed cos - whats say its the first pie maker to be listed - same applies might be different but might be a dud.

I'd rather put my money in put options than ords on this one.

My Food Bag a great little company. It will continue to perform solidly financially - like consistently making around $20m (and a bit more) profit in the next few years.

That's pretty good eh

But going public how good the company is will be dependent on the share price.

With all the IPO hype consistently making about $20m wont be good enough and My Food Bag will be seen as a dog of a company - useless at evrything it does and similar such comments will be thrown around.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - but I think it sad that even though little will have changed how they satisfy customers on a day to day basis they can one day seen as a solid little company and the next a dog.

Happened to Metro Glass. If you take out the Australian acquisition that he money men forced them to do and look at the NZ business it on a day to day basis has been chugging along nicely since IPO (even has some profitability measures that global peers envy) but in the eyes of most it is seen as dog of a company because of its share price - a hopeless one etc etc

Being private is good - being in the headlights of the money men and greedy retail shareholders is a different story.

I feel sorry for those who work at My Food Bag - their little company will never be seen the same again - and those workers have been seduced with shares as well
    Last edited by winner69; 20-02-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Businessdesk reckon big mouth Bowler only got his 4,437,400 shares the other day ......and he’s selling 3,328,050 of these through the IPO at $1.85 each.

Wonder if they were ‘free’ shares? Maybe his hugely bonus

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Businessdesk reckon big mouth Bowler only got his 4,437,400 shares the other day ......and he’s selling 3,328,050 of these through the IPO at $1.85 each.

Wonder if they were ‘free’ shares? Maybe his hugely bonus
    Sick... not trustworthy at all if completely correct

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Horah Henry!- doesn't necessarily make it a good investment because its a new sector re listed cos - whats say its the first pie maker to be listed - same applies might be different but might be a dud.
    Well I guess it just how desperate some are for any new listings on the local exchange as we watch how residential real estate continues to suck up local household investment funds, with NZ Government blessing.

Note from Craigs suggested "The My Food Bag IPO book-build closed early on Friday and was heavily over-subscribed."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    Note from Craigs suggested "The My Food Bag IPO book-build closed early on Friday and was heavily over-subscribed."
    That’s what we want to hear, great news

Still reckon we could see share price of 230 plus by may

Advanced Member

Today's Herald - paywalled. Looking to expand ready-to-eat offerings, and thoughts about diversifying into pet food, cleaning, personal care subscriptions. The logistics infrastructure is in place and working well so not a major to extend it. Assume initially extended to existing customers to test the market, which is already the case with a range of additions.