sharetrader
Page 631 of 899 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    I'm very happy with my outsized HLG holding too (and DSK on the ASX). For any of you interested in NZ retail history - with a lot of inspirational business - and life - wisdom and adventure thrown in - this is a must read: https://www.fishpond.co.nz/c/Books/q...robert+laidlaw
    This book inspired me to build my retail business also!

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    The real question now is, how will mr market feel?

Good question, jimdog31 and there are two observations to be made from how the sp has powered on since the 'disappointing-lower-than-ST-expected' $20m profit update :

1. Market, especially the institutional market, does not really take as much note of the forecasts made here as much as we do.

2. Market is waking up to the real potential behind this outstanding retailer, especially its growing & successful online presence, which augers well for the 2021 $10.00 initial price target I have in mind for HLG.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-02-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    This book inspired me to build my retail business also!
    You've done very well and are in a great sector. Well done !!
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

those with a knowledge of the board and new CEO have any views on this new management team? Talked with them at the last AGM?

the lastest trading update is surely a win for the team.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 22-02-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Guru

someone said over 8 by week end...? hmm not sure the market agrees yet...

there are the believers and the rest ... surely there must be more believers soon. what more do they have to do...perhaps the shipping stories around the world of back logs is weighting on minds..

. dividend being the last question?

I was careful not to be one of the posters claiming it would be $8+ this week. Rome wasn't built in a day but these guys are doing an excellent job of steadily growing this iconic business.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    someone said over 8 by week end...? hmm not sure the market agrees yet...

there are the believers and the rest ... surely there must be more believers soon. what more do they have to do...perhaps the shipping stories around the world of back logs is weighting on minds..

. dividend being the last question?
    Pure speculation on my part, but I think part of the the issue for the more thinly traded non-SX50 stocks is that retail investors are using simple trailing twelve month data and don't even bother to read earnings reports. therefore they are screening stocks based on simple metrics on their app of choice and not realizing things like dividends yields & earning ratios etc look dramatically different on a forward basis.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Pure speculation on my part, but I think part of the the issue for the more thinly traded non-SX50 stocks is that retail investors are using simple trailing twelve month data and don't even bother to read earnings reports. therefore they are screening stocks based on simple metrics on their app of choice and not realizing things like dividends yields & earning ratios etc look dramatically different on a forward basis.
    They might be more forward looking than you give them credit for - maybe they see FY21 as a one off boome of a year and then FY22 earnings declining to more 'normalised' levels - ie the fantastic F21 growth won't continue into FY22

After all HLG experienced stuff all in growth in FY19 and FY20 was less than FY19 and about the same as FY18 - not a growth company by any stretch of the imagination
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They might be more forward looking than you give them credit for - maybe they see FY21 as a one off boome of a year and then FY22 earnings declining to more 'normalised' levels - ie the fantastic F21 growth won't continue into FY22

After all HLG experienced stuff all in growth in FY19 and FY20 was less than FY19 and about the same as FY18 - not a growth company by any stretch of the imagination

I couldn't disagree more. Glassons Australia has been enjoying very strong growth for many years.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-02-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Glassons Australia has been enjoying very strong growth for many years.
    Last 3 years profit $27.3m / $29,0m / $27,7m doesn't seem strong growth

Then FY21 might be $36m but FY22 could fall back to less than $30m ...suppose that's growth
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”