sharetrader
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: SANford Chart

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Is it clear that it was the captains fault? The companies explanation sounds more like a database error where somebody removed accidentally the geofencing of a smaller area which was part of a larger area where the geofencing was (correctly) removed? Could be an issue with whoever is responsible for maintaining the data base (like an operators error) - or it even could be a software issue.

These things do happen.

If latter is the case than I'd say that our laws are quite ridiculous with the punishment completely out of proportion to the offence.
    It should be absolutely known to both the company and Captain where the MPAs are. These things are well published and talked about in the industry and the Captain has a responsibility to ensure the restrictions are followed. I've just had a MPA imposed where I am fishing and we just simply put the coordinates on our plotters ourselves, no "geofencing" or whatever fancy words they use.
    Remember this happened 2 years in a row for the San Waitaki.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It should be absolutely known to both the company and Captain where the MPAs are. These things are well published and talked about in the industry and the Captain has a responsibility to ensure the restrictions are followed. I've just had a MPA imposed where I am fishing and we just simply put the coordinates on our plotters ourselves, no "geofencing" or whatever fancy words they use.
    Remember this happened 2 years in a row for the San Waitaki.
    Last time I used a decent Raymarine GPS plotter it was accurate to within 10 meters, Hmmm
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Last time I used a decent Raymarine GPS plotter it was accurate to within 10 meters, Hmmm
    You’re average phone is more than capable of being that accurate.

CFO bought a modest parcel - calling the bottom?:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...292/341359.pdf
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

CFO bought a modest parcel - calling the bottom?:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...292/341359.pdf
    Maybe - being a Fonterror graduate she prob a good judge when things are going to turn around
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe - being a Fonterror graduate she prob a good judge when things are going to turn around
    I can't remember - did Leon buy any shares? This would have hurt ...
    ----

Permanent Newbie

I looked at the first post on this thread back in 2004 support at $4.70 hasn't moved much since then.

Not sure if the CFO buying shares is a sign of the bottom the board chair bought some in November which proved a bit early.
    $22,500 worth of shares for someone on a $200,000 plus salary sounds more like dabbling than a strong conviction.

BP have you bought shares in SAN lately by any chance ???

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I looked at the first post on this thread back in 2004 support at $4.70 hasn't moved much since then.

Not sure if the CFO buying shares is a sign of the bottom the board chair bought some in November which proved a bit early.
    $22,500 worth of shares for someone on a $200,000 plus salary sounds more like dabbling than a strong conviction.

BP have you bought shares in SAN lately by any chance ???
    Must admit, I did. Not a huge parcel, but part of my agricultural portfolio. Historically Sanford shares are good value when bought under the MA400 - and hey, they are a good bit under the MA400 these days, aren't they?
    ----

Permanent Newbie

Must admit, I did. Not a huge parcel, but part of my agricultural portfolio. Historically Sanford shares are good value when bought under the MA400 - and hey, they are a good bit under the MA400 these days, aren't they?
    WELL STOP TALKING THEM UP AGAIN, I pulled my bid this morning after seeing the S&P500 down over 2% last night, hoping for a bit of a panic drop. So close but not moving down any further today. Maybe I should just meet the market instead of rue what might have been. I would have thought of this as a dividend company (although currently a 0% yield), share price fluctuations shouldn't worry you. Although that said a 50% decline over the last little while has been interesting to watch.

My hoped for parcel is about the same as the CFO but I would bet that it forms a much larger percentage of my portfolio.

Permanent Newbie

F**k it, if $4.50 is good enough for the CFO to dabble I can invest at $4.51. Thanks for the push BP now I can concentrate on work again instead of constantly checking the price.