sharetrader

Financial Writer, Australia | Publication date: Monday 01 March 2021 15:54

Citi
    has remained unconvinced by A2M's interim results, reiterating their Sell rating and lowering their price target to AUD$7.15 per share.
    UBS has a Buy rating and a NZD$15.60 price target on A2M.
    Macquarie analysts have taken a middle-ground approach, highlighting the uncertainty which the company still faces, a Neutral rating and AUD$13.84 price target.

Even as a new investor I have come to quickly learn that brokers are usually wrong and entirely biased. They only want the prediction that benefits them solely.
    Only now and then they're correct and promote how accurate they are to seem in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Even as a new investor I have come to quickly learn that brokers are usually wrong and entirely biased. They only want the prediction that benefits them solely.
    Only now and then they're correct and promote how accurate they are to seem in the know.
    It's all about reading the 'body' language of the brokers and analysts - because the most lucrative aspect of stockbroking is not about making the right calls, but generating brokerage from clients' trading, profits from proprietary trading and above all else, corporate & investment banking (as in IPOs, placements, underwriting, M&A - meaning keeping onside with the corporates).

Which is why you will hardly ever see a broker put a 'SELL' on any stock - unless it is indeed dire or crystal clear the company is in decline.

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...329/consensus/

The consensus forecast and target price of ATM from brokers over the last year mirror the share price - conclusively proving that brokers follow the company rather than the other way round, as a general rule.

But for thew first time, we are seeing a major divergence with two brokers, Citi & Bell Porter, downgrading's ATM earnings and target sp well below consensus - a major development imo.
    Last edited by Balance; 02-03-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's all about reading the 'body' language of the brokers and analysts - because the most lucrative aspect of stockbroking is not about making the right calls, but generating brokerage from clients' trading, profits from proprietary trading and above all else, corporate & investment banking (as in IPOs, placements, underwriting, M&A - meaning keeping onside with the corporates).

Which is why you will hardly ever see a broker put a 'SELL' on any stock - unless it is indeed dire or crystal clear the company is in decline.

The consensus forecast and target price of ATM from brokers over the last year mirror the share price - conclusively proving that brokers follow the company rather than the other way round, as a general rule.

But for thew first time, we are seeing a major divergence with two brokers, Citi & Bell Porter, downgrading's ATM earnings and target sp well below consensus - a major development imo.
    So of 9 analysts,2 have underperform,4 have hold,2 out perform & 1 have buy...and you choose to highlight only the worst 2 :-) ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    So of 9 analysts,2 have underperform,4 have hold,2 out perform & 1 have buy...and you choose to highlight only the worst 2 :-) ;-)
    Which part of major divergence in target price do you not read?

Should have listened to those of us who warned of a second & third downgrade, eh?

He loves this stock but looking for a cheap entry LOL.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post

He has made more money with this stock trading it both ways ...Not just stubbornly believing it can move in one direction that is UP ...

So he sure does love ATM as it moves big both ways

What has your warnings got to do with anything.
    I was just asking a question.What do you mean about "major divergence" ? Serious question,because I am not sure what you mean is significant...I am trying to be open minded and learn something,ok?
    Your continual baiting people with "you should have listened to me.." is a little condescending actually mate...

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Another poster who would be saving himself a lot of grief if he had taken note of the warnings.

What has your warnings got to do with anything.
    I was just asking a question.What do you mean about "major divergence" ? Serious question,because I am not sure what you mean is significant...I am trying to be open minded and learn something,ok?
    Your continual baiting people with "you should have listened to me.." is a little condescending actually mate...
    For your own benefit, read through my full posting :