sharetrader
Page 43 of 207 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

You're not a phan?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    MFB = My Foolish Bet by the stags?
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just back from oysters and chips on the beach ..... no tsunami ....and the seagulls got a few chips .... their squawking reminded me of some on ST

Nearly choked laughing when a beagle who was having a little paddle got caught up in some seaweed and get swamped by a wave (on a little one) and panicked and its owner had to rescue it and in doing so fell in the tide - nothing like a distraught owner with a wet beagle

Bought s a few more NFB when I got home ...not many.

Don't worry about me - it'll turn out fine
    Oh my goodness, I hope you gave that Beagle owner some trauma counselling...seeing one's million dollar dog in strife is deeply traumatizing.

Speaking of being in trouble or staying out of it...Fortunately I am blessed with a good nose for B.S. and am a strong swimmer so its not a case of "My Fleeced or Floundering Beagle" with this listing

Nice work on the thread name change Winner.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-03-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    When's the New World IPO?
    Looks like the're too far into the Red for me!!!

Bit of a concern that it’s below IPO price on day one — even OCA managed to close at its IPO price on first day .... even though a few sniffed out the B S and concluded the forecasts were just that and concluded ‘you cannot list on fancy pants multiples’ because of inflated growth forecasts you can take with a grain of salt etc etc

Oceania turned out OK .... MFB could do the same ....one needs to be just a bit objective
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

You are a Magician OGG, totally wasted on here, but dont go away all the same.

I would say we have all have had a good afternoon of entertainment, win or lose.

Advanced Member

Looks like its one for the Rainbow Community now.

Definitely a New World for most.

... have power to make you great

Yahoo finance shows MFb up $1.69 for the day, percentage gain 2816.67 percent... flippin missed out again 😄
    Last edited by Habits; 05-03-2021 at 04:24 PM.

I thought that $1.60 would've been a good issue price and I still stick with that. It could be a good boring dividend payer.

Unfortunately sellers were too greedy and are getting bad headlines on day 1. They also got a few million dollars more so maybe it paid off but it really doesn't look good and erodes trust.

I'm slightly concerned what effect it might have on the most passionate customers. MFB worked pretty hard to get customers to buy in. Now they're underwater by about 10%. How passionate are these customers going to be now after being sold cold leftovers instead of haute cuisine?

Membaa

Bit of a concern that it’s below IPO price on day one ... [snip]
    See whether the >5%'ers line-wipe the asks at close to finish on IPO price. If they thought $1.80 was good, then current price must be a steal.

Oceania turned out OK .... MFB could do the same ....one needs to be just a bit objective

What's the thesis?

Easily replicated business with no growth prospects. I guess they could screw suppliers a little more but there is only so much blood you can get from a potato. Maybe they can differentiate via their recipes (jokes). Aside from that, this is going the way it was always going to go. This is about the owners cashing up and getting out.