Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
Consumer behaviour can be weird and I find sometimes the smallest things can influence my choices.

While I commute to / from work, the distance isn't significant and my choice to run a 1.0 litre ICE vehicle running on '91 means I don't really pay much attention to the actual pump prices. Given I fill up once every 1-2 weeks, and my tank is ~40l, @$0.06 cpl, or $2.40 total difference for a full tank means I'm not even prepared to spend an extra 5min finding a different station. It is simply not worth my time compared to almost anything else I could use that for.

So logically geographical convenience would make sense, however I too pass several options each way that would suit. I ended up sticking with Z for what are possibly some really petty reasons. 1. I prefer their pay at pump style machines over the apps / other offerings. 2. They are more consistent with having readily available window washing, oil/atf checking and tyre checking facilities - both available and currently working (as I like to DIY these).

I'm not sure I can claim many others have my experience, or other potential customers like me. Never attempted ad hoc or serious market research in this field.

Not sure how that interacts with my interest in ZEL. I have held in the past, and it is on some of my watchlists, but at the moment other prospects are attracting me more.
you could have filled up the sharetank when fuel was cheap. I bought 3000 ltr, for my wife's car 91 1000ltr. for my car 2000ltr. 95
Filled up my wife's car today, saving atm 46 cents/liter on the discounted price. No, I fo not choose to go to the most expensive station, but always use the same local one.