sharetrader
Page 107 of 241 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2404

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    1. Indiscriminate selling yesterday by traders and cautious /nervous investors in some stocks like STU which have performed exceptionally well YTD, rather than anything inherently wrong with the companies or economic settings imo. STU started the year at 93c and in a market which has gone backwards 7% YTD and 10.5% from its high, has still performed very well.

If inflation becomes a problem (which appears to be main reason for recent global selloff), then we know that well managed cyclical stocks with proven track records are actually the best inflation hedge.

STU is still a turnaround story so will need a few more runs on the board before investors and the market gain more confidence in the stock.

2. The 60% - 80% of NPAT will be made up with the final dividend. Directors are just being cautious and that's fair enough in the pandemic environment we are still in.

Thanks Balance,
    I think I'll continue to accumulate and hope the price stays down while I do.

I thought it was a pretty good result. The second half is always far better than the first half. Currently there is a real supply issue ,so prices are rising with a lot more margin and less discounting. Couple with a big drop in costs I’m expecting a very good year end result.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good result. The second half is always far better than the first half. Currently there is a real supply issue ,so prices are rising with a lot more margin and less discounting. Couple with a big drop in costs I’m expecting a very good year end result.
    Yeah likewise. Absolutely unreal they're not buying back shares hand over fist. Just goes to show they still haven't got a handle on capital allocation. Criminal paying a dividend when stock so far under intrinsic.

I was a happy buyer at 98c

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff in an article linked below
    A “perfect storm” had led to Carter Holt Harvey not being able to meet demand for a structural wood product called “wides” – 245mm wide timber used in a wide range of building applications, from flooring to trusses.

He said Carter Holt Harvey was the biggest manufacturer of wides in New Zealand, and it had been caught off guard by a rise in demand from multi-storey housing builds.

“We’re seeing all these multi-storey units – two or three floors requiring much more timber.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ederation-says

I wonder whether this will see a progressive shift to the use of steel rather than wood for this this structural building work. This would obviously help steel suppliers like STU.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ederation-says

I wonder whether this will see a progressive shift to the use of steel rather than wood for this this structural building work. This would obviously help steel suppliers like STU.

whats to say that the same issues wont also come to the fore with steel and other supplies / services ?

are there enough chippies & sparkies around to do what's needed ?

Last time - with CHCH recovery they were importing them from afar to fill the Skills gaps ..

Solid interest today, waiting for the real fireworks to begin

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Solid interest today, waiting for the real fireworks to begin

hopefully they have long enough memories to know how to still handle them

the day before Good Friday looks like it was a bit of a fizzer ..

may still be a few days left for folks to requisition their crash helmets ..
    Last edited by nztx; 03-04-2021 at 10:58 PM. Reason: add more

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Got an email from S&T today telling me how it is better than wood for houses and things and infinitely recyclable and excellent for the environment.

Go do your bit for nature, the planet and my net worth by building with steel tubes.
    om mani peme hum

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Got an email from S&T today telling me how it is better than wood for houses and things and infinitely recyclable and excellent for the environment.

Go do your bit for nature, the planet and my net worth by building with steel tubes.
    you missed mention of 'strong cages' - snow

also whether to lock in a large stack of S&T or to keep the large feline guarding the stash in
    or busy on the outer edges, in case of other predators coming by ..
    Last edited by nztx; 06-04-2021 at 10:28 PM.