sharetrader
Page 82 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586921321825821082 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    More excellence and transparency from our magnificent government

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

No surprise that Little is in the the thick of it.
    You need to dig a little deeper.
    Was covered in Parliament at question time and covered well.
    One persons opinion does not make a fact.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You need to dig a little deeper.
    Was covered in Parliament at question time and covered well.
    One persons opinion does not make a fact.
    Little was quoted in the Newshub piece. His responses did "Little" to satisfy me.

I reckon the Mental Health Foundation is well placed to call BS when they see it.

This government's arrogance is breathtaking. Matched only by the blind adherence of its advocates. Wake up and smell the coffee dobby41. Ardern, Robertson, Little et al, have shafted their voter base in almost every measurable respect.

Labour was once the Party of the Working Class and Underdog. Now Labour spends its time treading them further into the mud. Whether by incompetence or ambition is hard to judge.

Guru

Little was quoted in the Newshub piece. His responses did "Little" to satisfy me.
    I wouldn't expect any response to satisfy you!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I wouldn't expect any response to satisfy you!
    Perhaps you could regale us with how Cindy and her lot have had net gains for their voter base? Bearing in mind raises in minimum wage and benefit increases are a nett loss on rising housing costs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    tim23 I see just reading some articles now that it appears it is now up to around 90,000, or "only" 300,000 short of the plan according to a leaked MOH report. But why is this information not easily accessible and updated daily or every couple of days like many other countries , rather than media having to speculate ? Particularly from a Government that claims to be the most transparent ever !
    Vaccination data is available online, no need for speculation
    https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...9-vaccine-data

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    tim23 I see just reading some articles now that it appears it is now up to around 90,000, or "only" 300,000 short of the plan according to a leaked MOH report. But why is this information not easily accessible and updated daily or every couple of days like many other countries , rather than media having to speculate ? Particularly from a Government that claims to be the most transparent ever !
    Yes I read in Dompost today - either way we agree its a bit on the light side.

Advanced Member

Perhaps you could regale us with how Cindy and her lot have had net gains for their voter base? Bearing in mind raises in minimum wage and benefit increases are a nett loss on rising housing costs alone.
    Well at least these increases help people at the bottom.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...ovincial-areas

Welcome to Cindy’s solution to housing shortage - $1 billion every 3 months in accommodation support - while rental increases go up through the roof.

Smart girl - helping landlords to make more money using taxpayers’ funds!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Well at least these increases help people at the bottom.
    Do they? Such measures are inflationary, and inflation most often benefits the well off, but punishes the less well off and lower paid. It's done to garner votes from the hoi polloi who generally don't feel the huge vacuum as they are sucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Do they? Such measures are inflationary, and inflation most often benefits the well off, but punishes the less well off and lower paid. It's done to garner votes from the hoi polloi who generally don't feel the huge vacuum as they are sucked in.
    Exactly.

Labour plays to the ignorant - feeds their greed & hunger with handouts for their votes.

Breeds them like multiplying mice to be dependent Labour voters.
    Last edited by Balance; 09-04-2021 at 10:05 AM.