sharetrader

Thread: Sharsies vs ASB

Threaded View

I am now using Sharesies differently than I was initially. I have transferred my two largest holdings (companies) out of Sharesies now, as I am not intending to add to either of them, other than by way of DRP. So no need for me to keep them in Sharesies. The 4 holdings I still have there are ones I intend to add to until they reach a certain level. I will then move those out too. Sharesies is still the only affordable way for me to buy companies or ETFs, so is now more or less just a “tool” I use for that purpose.

EDIT: Just did a “dummy” transfer without confirming it - my ETF shows up on the list of holdings “available to transfer” - so you should be able to do this if you want. You will need a CSN and FIN if you don’t already have one. Easiest way is to just sign up with ASB securities and they will sort it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    Only if you call $6000 heavily invested. I was thinking of leaving sharesies for a while but the convenience and no ETF fees were keeping me there. Now I have to sell my ETF's and move them elsewhere which is probably going to be a first step in leaving.

This is calculated move to make more money in future as the balances of those small investors slowly rise. Love the excited email they sent though.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 19-04-2021 at 11:07 AM.