sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Many many lessons to be learnt from what has happened with ATM share price action in the last year.

Hope they have been learnt.
    I would like to thank everyone who posts here and freely provide their insights. Lots of lessons learnt and it saved me from making a costly mistake.

Will continue to follow this company from the sidelines and see whether there is a good long-term buying opportunity for my personal risk tolerance.

Banned

Many many lessons to be learnt from what has happened with ATM share price action in the last year.

The classic is the Buffett quote about there never being one cockroach under the bed (i.e. multiple profit warnings)

Today is interesting though as it opened predictably weak, traded lower but is showing strength on good volume - I'd never be so arrogant to say today is the low but lows often look like this. Bad news for the 3rd or 4th time, plenty of investors give up, then shows surprising strength that no-one really expected etc...time will tell naturally

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    ...so far.
    Exactly. Not sure what anyone will be happy about paying 5 times a declining revenue.

5 times revenue for quackery with no moat.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    The classic is the Buffett quote about there never being one cockroach under the bed (i.e. multiple profit warnings)

Today is interesting though as it opened predictably weak, traded lower but is showing strength on good volume - I'd never be so arrogant to say today is the low but lows often look like this. Bad news for the 3rd or 4th time, plenty of investors give up, then shows surprising strength that no-one really expected etc...time will tell naturally
    I recon that many investors think that this was the "all bad news are revealed" baseline coming from a new CEO and things can only get better from here. I can understand this view, but worry that they might have misread the announcement ...

Anyway ... good luck to holders.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Before we start jumping anywhere I think we should await for Aust to open then ask oneself is this the last down grade, remember this is not ATMilks fault, B!00dy Ch!n88se !!!
    Where have you been AND haven't you heard of COVID before???

Why has "B!00dy Ch!n88se" got to do with it? I do find this offensive BTW. Any body else?
    Last edited by longy; 10-05-2021 at 02:18 PM.

I've learned o-wise-one

Can you please undo the portfolio balance now? Show mercy please....

no buyback for a while

Mr Bortoloussi said depending on the outcome of the China strategy review and the impact on capital needs, the group may consider a buyback.

Mr Bortolussi revealed Mr Nathan’s exit was a surprise

China under cloud as A2 Milk downgrades

https://www.afr.com/companies/manufa...0210510-p57qd5
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Why has "B!00dy Ch!n88se" got to do with it? I do find this offensive BTW. Any body else?
    Mildly. But not much more than "Bloody Australians!" or "Bloody Americans!"

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    HUGE indeed

Sales now 1.2 billion

EBITDA 11% gives $130m

NPAT about $90m

Bit of a disaster I reckon
    This seems a worry, NPAT 1H 2021 was $120m, if the full 2021 year NPAT is indeed around $90m than this means the company is losing $30m in the second half.
    I start to wonder if breakeven for next year is going to be considered a good result. Profits went up fast over the last few years, who would have thought profits would collapse so spectacularly. Maybe Balance I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    This seems a worry, NPAT 1H 2021 was $120m, if the full 2021 year NPAT is indeed around $90m than this means the company is losing $30m in the second half.
    I start to wonder if breakeven for next year is going to be considered a good result. Profits went up fast over the last few years, who would have thought profits would collapse so spectacularly. Maybe Balance I guess.
    Trading not too flash but going into loss mainly from writing another $90m of stock off and the costs of disposing a lot of it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”