sharetrader
Page 686 of 840 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 8393
    Investor

Looks as though it may hit $4.50 mark today, someone keen to accumulate at current levels.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, your argument is obviously true for anybody of the 8 billion people on this globe - whatever the individual does won't make a big difference, so nobody needs to do anything - right? Does not make a difference at all. How lucky we are, lets keep polluting the globe and wait for the others to do something against it, shall we - or better, lets wreck the globe - Nor told us so, didn't he?

Obviously - we all need to move, and - by the way - NZ's carbon pollution still counts. We are on place 74 of 209 countries of the largest carbon polluters on earth (2016 numbers): https://www.worldometers.info/co2-em...ns-per-capita/

No reason to be proud of, given that our small population base puts us somewhere on place 125 out of 209 - i.e. we are - polluting the globe far more than the average globe dweller does.

We better start doing something to reduce our share of the pollution instead of spouting weak excuses - weak excuses won't help the globe to heal, will they?
    Would make more sense to follow the lead of them that matter when and if they act. Nobody is going to follow our lead. It's like a few years ago NZ took down all protection for its industry imagining the world would follow our lead and remove protective on agricultural. It didn’t.

The naughty Beagle goes wandering on a little trip of forethought wondering about FY22 earnings and comes to the conclusion that Todd, Grant and the team are playing silly beggars with us about the 3 year plan which the dog reckons is actually a one year plan to get to $5.

Cleaning out my dog bowl the other day it was so shiny after licking it clean I swear I saw the reflection of the prospect of just on $42m earnings for FY22 which is ~ $30m after tax and just on 35 cps earnings and with years of tailwinds ahead, (Forbar reckons international travel won't return to normal until FY26) and people spending up large domestically my nose caught the whiff or the market ascribing a slightly higher PE of 14 times (given such consistent steady growth ahead) said 35 cps prospective earnings which got me to 14 x 35 = $4.90 as fair value one year hence or maybe earlier ?

Good they make these 3 years plans though which helps cunning hounds sniff out fair value one year hence Rating Accumulate, Price Target mid 2022 $4.90.

Looking at the gross yield I think 22 cps in fully imputed dividends is doable this year so that's 22 / 0.72 = 30.56 cps gross which on $4.50 is still a gross yield of ~ 6.8%.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-06-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Would make more sense to follow the lead of them that matter when and if they act. Nobody is going to follow our lead. It's like a few years ago NZ took down all protection for its industry imagining the world would follow our lead and remove protective on agricultural. It didn’t.
    Now is the time to act then - most developed countries have been reducing carbon emissions for at least a couple of decades (USA, UK, EU). At the same time we've been emitting more and more and falling further behind. Our peers are already acting and we've only just got to the starting blocks.

Or are you only comparing us to developing countries?

Double post
    Last edited by mfd; 14-06-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Advanced Member

It's a common misconception but 'They' have already acted & if we don't do something, far from being a leader, we risk being left behind.
    e.g. China leads the world in electricity production from renewable sources with over double the production of 2nd ranked country US.
    Its just their needs for power generation are so high at present they still have to supplement it with non renewables like coal.
    In 2017 China alone, invested 45% of the global investment in renewables and is going hard out to switch to renewable energy not just to reduce carbon emissions & pollution but also aiming for 'energy security'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_China

Furthermore, if we in privileged NZ with one of the highest living standards in the world can't make small sacrifices, how can we ask/expect struggling 3rd world countries to carry all the burden & make all the sacrifices before we will do anything ?

Getting back to Turners, to me this govt shake-up of the NZ car industry will be a huge boost to companies like Turners as interest & demand for alternative vehicles is very strongly stimulated. Already car dealers reported extra enquiries over the weekend & I even found myself looking online at a number of EV vehicles last night before the cricket.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The bleating from the farmers about having to pay another $5K or thereabouts for their Utes is going to be interesting....they should be grateful there's no fart tax for all the damaging methane from their cows.

I think we could manage even more emission savings with all the Mums & Dads walking to pick up their kids
    from school, rather what is currently the apparent scenario - 'Everyone shows up each in their
    own wheels - Mine is better than yours' twice a day' even for just a few blocks away ..

The green proponents may even require everyone to start living in grass huts again to signal
    acceptance of emissions reduction and practice more of the 'my bicycle is better than yours' instead
    - which I'm sure no-one will overly object to .. in pursuit of setting an example (hopefully not ignored
    by larger emitting nations) ..

Next year's budget has been rumoured to contain Green initiatives towards pedal powered aeroplanes, where
    everyone pays for the privilege to fund the grandiose scheme (I suppose a better alternative to walking)

Continuing SP run with TRA - very good run
    Last edited by nztx; 14-06-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Just notice that this is the TNR thread ... we probably should move this discussion to a more relevant thread. Here we go:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post890090
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    I think we could manage even more emission savings with all the Mums & Dads walking to pick up their kids
    from school, rather what is currently the apparent scenario - 'Everyone shows up each in their
    own wheels - Mine is better than yours' twice a day' even for just a few blocks away ..

The green proponents may even require everyone to start living in grass huts again to signal
    acceptance of emissions reduction and practice more of the 'my bicycle is better than yours' instead
    - which I'm sure no-one will overly object to .. in pursuit of setting an example (hopefully not ignored
    by larger emitting nations) ..

Next year's budget has been rumoured to contain Green initiatives towards pedal powered aeroplanes, where
    everyone pays for the privilege to fund the grandiose scheme (I suppose a better alternative to walking)

Continuing SP run with TRA - very good run
    Throughout my entire school life I got myself to and from school. Walking in one place, by tram in another and bicycling in a third. So did everyone else. Nobody was met by their mother and probably would have been ridiculed as a sissy if they were. I can't believe the way they can't now. Nor how generation driven-to-school is the one making so much noise about climate change.

Advanced Member

Throughout my entire school life I got myself to and from school. Walking in one place, by tram in another and bicycling in a third. So did everyone else. Nobody was met by their mother and probably would have been ridiculed as a sissy if they were. I can't believe the way they can't now. Nor how generation driven-to-school is the one making so much noise about climate change.
    not sure if you have noticed, but the average car on our roads are double the size & weight and with half the visibility over the bonnet than they were when you probably went to school, and it is now extremely hazardous for kids to bicycle on roads shared with cars, particularly in cities that haven’t invested in protected bicycle lanes. There is no way in hell I would want kids cycling to school on the same roads I did 30 years ago.