sharetrader
Page 217 of 277 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2763

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyO View Post
    That Battery Life just doesnt excite me. Give me a petrol car any day.
    Guaranteed maximum of 30% battery depletion after 8 years and 160,000 km's has become best practice industry standard since Jaguar introduced it with the I Pace. I would say most petrol car engines are more than 30% "used up" by that point.

Longer is available with the new Mercedes Benz EQS which is their new electric version of the S Class but at a very different price point
    10 year and a whopping 250,000 km's and guaranteed no more than 30% battery depletion after all that time and distance, now there's a new standard for ya, got a spare $200,000 later this year ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Guaranteed maximum of 30% battery depletion after 8 years and 160,000 km's has become best practice industry standard since Jaguar introduced it with the I Pace. I would say most petrol car engines are more than 30% "used up" by that point.

Longer is available with the new Mercedes Benz EQS which is their new electric version of the S Class but at a very different price point
    10 year and a whopping 250,000 km's and guaranteed no more than 30% battery depletion after all that time and distance, now there's a new standard for ya, got a spare $200,000 later this year ?
    Sometimes st is so slow, it tricks you to putting in two identical posts. it did that to me last week. Beagle do you have any idea of new battery cost for an ev, or would it be better to buy a new ev every 6-8years. ps if the next ZEL div is 7c plus last div of 14c, that is 21c for the year which is a bit over 8% yld. at $2.56c. I think it will take a few years to phase out pvs..... cars, trucks, boats, planes, tractors, bulldozers, graders, and lots of others I can't think of at the moment.
    Last edited by see weed; 14-06-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    When we have all battery vehicles and no petrol vehicles, how many millions of petrol tax dollars going to be lost. Will they start taxing EVs?
    RUC's will be introduced, as far as I know it's already in the legislation once the ev fleet reaches a certain % if the total vehicle fleet...so no new taxes as it's already in there!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    RUC's will be introduced, as far as I know it's already in the legislation once the ev fleet reaches a certain % if the total vehicle fleet...so no new taxes as it's already in there!
    Well that's good to know. The new tax is set up and evs are not paying until certain % is reached. If it takes 5 or 10 years to get to the certain %, then I don't mind waiting and receiving 8%+ yld in divs.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Sometimes st is so slow, it tricks you to putting in two identical posts. it did that to me last week. Beagle do you have any idea of new battery cost for an ev, or would it be better to buy a new ev every 6-8years. ps if the next ZEL div is 7c plus last div of 14c, that is 21c for the year which is a bit over 8% yld. at $2.56c. I think it will take a few years to phase out pvs..... cars, trucks, boats, planes, tractors, bulldozers, graders, and lots of others I can't think of at the moment.
    Hi see weed.
    Each vehicle manufacturer should be able to quote you the price of a replacement battery now, (at the time you are considering purchasing the car) which will vary a lot based on the size of the battery and the materials encasing it. Perhaps more important is what is the future replacement cost likely to be ? I saw an interesting presentation from Ford the other day on expected battery costs and they are expecting the price to go down from (and this is from memory) about $U.S170 a Kw/hr now to about $U.S.90 Kw/hr in the next decade. How much of those cost savings will they pass on ? I would suggest they will apply opportunistic pricing to any spare part of an EV, especially the battery so I would suggest, very little, if any.

One is best to consider the price of a replacement battery as quoted by the distributor at the time of purchase as unlikely to decline by much.
    Expected battery life. Now there's a real can of worms. For what its worth here are my thoughts.
    1. Look closely at the guarantee. The industry standard is now 8 years and 160,000 km's with a guaranteed minimum residual capacity of 70%.
    2. Get as much technical detail as you can about the cooling system of the battery and the EV motor(s). If they're running a really good liquid cooling system you might get significantly longer than 8 years useable life from your battery.
    3. Think carefully about the real world range and ask yourself is that practical for my purposes as the battery gradually loses capacity.

That vehicle I posted a link for yesterday is quite possibly a game changer for urban users. At just a smidge over $40K. Claims of range of over 300 km's in city use, 8 year battery warranty with minimum 70% residual means even after 8 years it will be doing around 200 km's, (which is heaps for city use) as a guaranteed minimum which suggests a useful life of well over 10 years, perhaps as much as 15 years.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I’m not a ZEL shareholder, but I think they are showing potential and are the closest of the petrol retailers in embracing electric vehicles.

from launching into electrify retailing, to installing EV chargers at their petrol stations, they seem to be moving in the right direction.

I think Z maybe correctly see their existence from a jobs-to-be-done perspective, which in their case is providing the energy needed to power their customers, whether that is derived from oil or electricity. There will still be a need to “refuel” vehicles, no matter the power source.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 15-06-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I’m not a ZEL shareholder, but I think they are showing potential and are the closest of the petrol retailers in embracing electric vehicles.

from launching into electrify retailing, to installing EV chargers at their petrol stations, they seem to be moving in the right direction.

I think Z maybe correctly see their existence from a jobs-to-be-done perspective, which in their case is providing the energy needed to power their customers, whether that is derived from oil or electricity. There will still be a need to “refuel” vehicles, no matter the power source.
    Well said. ASM in couple days on Thu 17th will shed more light on their future plans.

Toyota is not bringing Ev hilux into NZ, for two years as they feel battery technology has not matured enough. IC or hybrids, are not going anytime soon and will be around for years to come. What's the bet one of the oil companies reliant only on petrol pumps will leave NZ rather than Z going broke. Then the market share will be greater. Still have confidence that Z as a New Zealand company will be here to stay, for a long time to come. I see fuel prices increasing if volumes across the board start decreasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Moves announced on the weekend will speed up the shift to EV's whether ZEL shareholders like it or not.
    From 1 July 2021 you can get a brand new small SUV EV for just on $40,000 after the EV rebate complete with 5 years warranty, liquid cooled battery with an 8 year battery warranty with guaranteed residual of 70% battery life after 8 years. e.g. https://mgmotor.co.nz/models/mg-zsev/

Its a game changer whether ZEL shareholders want to admit it or not. The speed of the outgoing tide affecting ZEL is set to get faster and faster as more and more manufactures release more and more EV's that after taking into account the Govt incentive and much cheaper running cost make more and more sense to increasing numbers of Kiwi's.
    Still the capital cost, is way above that of a new IC car, running costs for a family runabout are minor when you do very few ks. I live at the Mount, our car is three years old and only done 10 thousand ks. And that is because we were teavelljng to Rotorua quite a bit on business. So running costs are a small part of our costs. It is false economy sometimes to buy an EV, when at the battery life left in an EV will define the capital loss made on resale or trade in. Jump on the bandwagon by all means, but don't think you are going to save money, even with the rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post

Here's a good question for the annual meeting. What was your total capex spend on installing EV chargers across your national network last year ? Is this less than the annual salary of one person Mike Bennetts the CEO ?
    If so, what he is still doing there so called "leading" the company ? I think you might be VERY surprised at how little they are investing. Playing with it while Rome Burns ?