sharetrader
Page 187 of 1431 FirstFirst ... 871371771831841851861871881891901911972372876871187 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 14308

Can't argue with "nice" !

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Another police officer brutally attacked today. This is becoming a common occurrence and the PM & other Ministers stay quiet. And what about their MP that was the President of the police officer’s union before he became a MP ? Why is that gutless person not speaking up for his former colleagues? This is the result of the Government’s soft approach to crime & gangs. Not only are they stuffing the country economically long term, now it’s becoming lawless as well with our police officers attacked on nearly daily basis without the equipment to defend themselves. Wake up Jacinda

Occasionally see this narrative of the NZ economy having been stuffed by Labour carelessly chucked around by a few on here.

From Asia Pacific to ANZ & many expert economists in between, all say by any measure the NZ economy is doing very well esp compared to other countries.

Obviously there are valid areas of criticism of the govt but their handling of the economy as a whole is an area the informed would give them credit for.

NZ is one of the first countries in the world to be dropping fiscal stimulus due to the strength of the rebound & it is Covid caused supply restraints which will slow things down.

https://www.anz.co.nz/content/dam/an...O-20210601.pdf

Re the police, sounds like the equipment you think they need to defend themselves are carry guns? Any govt is going to have a hard time pushing that since majority of the country don't want this.

The owner of the company next door to us bought a brand new top of the line model (>$200k) Range Rover last year claiming he had big adventures planned for it. I asked him the other day if he'd taken it off-road yet because I had my doubts he ever would; "Nah, it's too expensive to fix if I drive it off road".

While we both had a good laugh, it's this situation that probably doesn't help the image that SUV's have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The owner of the company next door to us bought a brand new top of the line model (>$200k) Range Rover last year claiming he had big adventures planned for it. I asked him the other day if he'd taken it off-road yet because I had my doubts he ever would; "Nah, it's too expensive to fix if I drive it off road".

While we both had a good laugh, it's this situation that probably doesn't help the image that SUV's have.

What surprises me is the size of the SUVs that were based on American size highways and roads. Quite frankly NZ residential roads are too narrow for these massive SUVs. We kinda got it backwards where we put the vehicle size 1st before the road size.

Dilettante

Multiple deleted
    Last edited by iceman; 22-07-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Dilettante

Deleted multiple
    Last edited by iceman; 22-07-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Dilettante

Multiple deleted
    Last edited by iceman; 22-07-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Dilettante

Multiple deleted
    Last edited by iceman; 22-07-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I don't know the case you refer to but have all the recent attacks been from gangs?
    Certainly some recent ones haven't been but people like to join the 2 for their purposes.

By the way - I don't support gangs in any way, they are a scourge on society.
    But saying that everything that happens is because of gangs is false.
    Nowhere in my post did I say "all that happens is because of gangs". They are your words. But gangs are criminal organisations. We have recently been getting news from a trial of a gang affiliate that murdered a police officer and tried to kill another one by shooting him 4 times as he tried to crawl away. He fired 14 shots in total in a calm cold blooded manner according to witnesses.
    TV footage has shown that human scum roll his eyes, shake his head and give all sorts of facial expressions as the man he shot was as in the witness box recalling what had happened. He clearly shows no remorse for having killed a police officer.

Last week we had 2 instances of cops being shot (and a police car stolen) at and one of a cop being brutally attacked while another cop helplessly watched (I don't understand why he wasn't tasered). This is becoming a common occurrence. If people are pulling out guns on Police at traffic stops, I think it is fairly safe to say they are related to gangs or some form of criminal activity. Why else would they have a gun in their car ?
    What happened to the gun buyback that was supposed to make us all feel safe by taking guns of hunters while the gangs hold onto theirs ?

In April we had what police called "escalation of gang tensions" when they started shooting at each other at Sofitel Hotel in Auckland, a 5* hotel downtown. A few days earlier one of the gangs involved at Sofitel had their pad peppered with 30 bullets.

Criminal gangs are showing increased power, no doubt helped by the 501 arrivals in this country. But we can not just sit idly by and let them take over and shoot at our Police Officers. That is lawlessness.

Ramming of police cars is increasing at a scary rate with 573 police cars rammed between 2017-2020, most of them in the last 2 years. It has become the "go-to method for get away drivers" according to police https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...o-getaway-move

To somehow compare and justify a takeover of roads and motorways in Auckland for a gang members funeral, with the once in 20 year protest by farmers (brainless farmers as a poster so eloquently called them) as some seem to want to do here, it is high time to equip our Police to deal with this changed and much more dangerous environment they live in. minimum 2 cops in all cars, accept more frequent use of tasers and guns (in locked safes) in Police cars.

From Stuff today: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...response-teams
    Last edited by iceman; 21-07-2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Added a link

Dilettante

Double post deleted
    Last edited by iceman; 21-07-2021 at 07:08 AM.