sharetrader
Page 438 of 739 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 7386

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Test drove it this morning. Searched for a decent pair of Savane Chino's. Website said it would only show stuff that can be shipped here.
    $A118 plus shipping. Okay, gosh that's not cheap by any means.... but they are hard to get in fat dog's size and good Chino pants...and then opps, we cannot ship to your location.
    What a complete waste of my time.
    Try them instead: https://www.justjeans.co.nz/shop/en/...h/Savane+Chino

cheaper, reliable and yes, they do deliver to NZ ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

“Customers can access expedited delivery in as fast as three business days to certain areas in Auckland and Christchurch for as little as A$6.99 (NZ$7.52)”

“expedited” = “as fast as three business days” ???

I think many New Zealand retails will be very happy this morning as this is a very timid “entry” into New Zealand market for Amazon. If they stick with using their Australian operations instead of investing directly into a NZ fulfillment center and delivery network then the threat is minimal.

Already have...typical of a Hallensteins store they mostly cater for small and medium sizes.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A Warehouse staff member tells me they are redesigning an area of the store to get much more into groceries. Low margin stuff I know.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob50 View Post
    A Warehouse staff member tells me they are redesigning an area of the store to get much more into groceries. Low margin stuff I know.

Groceries can actually be very high margin, especially if you have zero extra overhead introducing them into an existing store.

What will WHS look like in 2030 (when share price is $30)

Omnichannel shopping in 2030

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-fu...pping-in-2030#
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Interesting article, thanks.

S&P retail index up 46.6% year to date, (according to talk on CNBC this morning).

I think WHS and HLG have a lot of room to run.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What will WHS look like in 2030 (when share price is $30)

Omnichannel shopping in 2030

https://www.mckinsey.com/business-fu...pping-in-2030#
    SP $30 in 2030?

Just looked at the long term trend (20+ years) ... I guess it is good to see that the SP managed to climb after a 12 year long downtrend starting 2008 in mid 2020 above the MA100 (which is in this case is the average of the last 100 months) and MA 100 bottomed out, but if we assume Warehouse goes as fast up as it went down it will be in 2030 around $4;

WHS long.JPG

Not sure I expect $30 anytime soon with this cyclical (unless inflation really takes off) ... but anyway - good to hold at the moment.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

JB HiFi sales in NZ for June quarter up 47% on pcp

Full Year sales up 17%

Noel Leeming doing much better than JB Hi Fi so this is all good news
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I topped up on the dip earlier this week at $3.33. That's almost "stealing" I reckon. Never look a gift horse in the mouth !!