From my superficial understanding, Covid-19 contributed to:

• drive e-commerce up.
  • a substantial increase in freighting costs[1].

Both of which would, I assume, contribute to the growth that we're currently seeing across the logistic industry.

That's great but I wonder... what will happen post-Covid?

The e-commerce sector is expected to keep growing, at least in comparison to pre-Covid's level, but will the demand remain at the current levels right after Covid? What about the freighting costs? Wouldn't a decrease in either have a negative impact in the growth of freight companies?

Another question that I have is: the addition of Chris Dunphy and Mark Newman sounds like a great news for the company but I am not too sure how such a company would manage to chip away at DHL and Mainfreight's market—wouldn't their customer base remain loyal to these unless they lose their competitive edge? Would the transition to hydrogen fuel—if it succeeds—help to reduce freighting costs?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious with these questions, I'm absolutely newbie to this industry

[1]: a company that I know of ships internationally the goods that they make as their main line of business. Here are the ocean freight costs that they've taken note of:
  • NZ to Europe (40 feet container):
    • $1,200 USD in May 2020.
    • $10,000 USD in May 2021.
    • $16,000 USD in July 2021.

• China to U.S. (40 feet container):
    • $3,600 USD in May 2020.
    • $10,000 USD in May 2021.
    • $18,000 USD in July 2021.

PS: for those of you looking for the old thread, it's still here: https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...es-Investments