sharetrader
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I suppose that means something to someone - maybe.
    His gift is poetry not clarity.

KMD is on my shopping list once it gets down below 1.30, not the flavour of the month at present, but fundamentals are good for recovery , my analyst have them at target of 1.85 to 1.93.
    Once Aus/Nz is vaccinated and let out to play, people will appreciate wilderness leisure and all the bits that go with it.

1 store in N.Z. for Costco in 2022 with a subscription based model that might be a stretch to afford for many Kiwi families. WHS has over 200 stores and no subscription to pay to enjoy the right to shop there...I'm quaking in my boots lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Fair Values in places V Current SP's appear to be too far apart just now, for my money

Okay so the Reporting round may see some good results, but on the back of the current lock-downs,
    it wouldn't surprise if this didn't translate into good dividend payouts like last time

Boards will be ultra conservative based on their perception of NOW times rather that 6 months backwards
    up to balances 2-3 months ago .. hope I'm wrong .. but gut feeling suggests this if we see a minimum
    of 4-8 weeks lock down for starters.

Businesses will be taking this into account in any distributions they approve now

I'm wary of Retail, Commercial Property, but let's face it things also go round in the circle as well

Am I wrong ?

50-120 maybe Covid cases expected for starters & that's just the start with the variety from NSW on the run

This Hawk is still high soaring in the thermals watching ..
    Last edited by nztx; 18-08-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 101nick101 View Post
    I'm not bullish on the WHS. Costco entering the NZ market may rattle some cages and their competitive advantage of being cheaper is no longer the case with the rise of KMart here. Additionally they're now competing with online retailers who have similar margins and who can deliver very quickly (in a non Covid world).
    im actually massively bullish on WHS based on already achieved results - Kmart has been operating for years already and hasn’t had any impact on WHS turnaround in margins and profitability across all of WHS brands (Red sheds, stationary, Noel Leeming, Torpedo7, Themarket.com). Head to WHS thread if you want to see more details of how they have been boosting their profits.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...XUHINUWLQEAVQ/

10 cases now. I can't imagine how anyone could think that's not a really worrying number for the first day. Long road ahead I think and some irrational exuberance on the market today. I think reality will bite and stocks like AIR, AIA, THL, and KPG to name just 4 look very vulnerable to a big pull-back. Really hope I am wrong and this thing doesn't explode like in NSW but its sobering that many countries that beat Covid back last year have themselves been beaten back by the Delta variant.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-08-2021 at 06:40 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

10 cases now. I can't imagine how anyone could think that's not a really worrying number for the first day. Long road ahead I think and some irrational exuberance on the market today. ......
    All cases restricted to the North Island so far, so no real worries for most of the country.

MPG. I see value @ .45 right now. Seem to be slowly getting their act together. Resumption of dividend is another sweetener.
    Disc: I'm in @.45

Legend

120 Covid cases expected - with real likelihood, not possibility, nor chance of but expected to

multiply

exponentally

from that level, as is happening in OZ, and every other country with Delta variant

Remember every one of those infected will likely be unaware while affected,
    and in contact interacting with others in the community

Reported cases are the HISTORY - you may as well say 5-7 days ago..
    since that point, it has moved rapidly on infecting further

from what I remember - recent infections for Aust / NSW:

2 days ago 358

yesterday 435

today 700+

Imbedded & entrenched on the loose, the numbers keep multiplying

Once underway - that's only the ones they know about - it could be 2 or 3 times
    worse on infected people but they either dont know it or realise what it is
    Last edited by nztx; 18-08-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

10 cases now. I can't imagine how anyone could think that's not a really worrying number for the first day. Long road ahead I think and some irrational exuberance on the market today. I think reality will bite and stocks like AIR, AIA, THL, and KPG to name just 4 look very vulnerable to a big pull-back. Really hope I am wrong and this thing doesn't explode like in NSW but its sobering that many countries that beat Covid back last year have themselves been beaten back by the Delta variant.
    Agree on AIA, AIR & THL seeing massive hits to their revenue during lockdowns (close to 100% reduction) - but KPG isn’t in the same league at all, it’s only facing a small fraction of its revenue being impacted with possible rent relief negotiations.