sharetrader
Page 942 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4428428929329389399409419429439449459469529921042 ... LastLast
Results 9,411 to 9,420 of 14180
    Guru

I must also clarify…

When I say that in the capital return scenario that all else being equal, the SP “should” double to 32c…

That is based on the assumption that the current market capitalisation is based on a multiple of GAAP earnings, and no portion of the MC is based on hard assets owned.

If part of the valuation takes into account the $100M or land/buildings (and I really don’t think it does) then you would actually see the market cap DECREASE by $100M after the capital returned ($180M). That would be a SP of only ~20c/share.

But, you get the one-off tax free payment too.

So I do think shareholders can benefit from this approach…but thought I should clarify that one point.

Hope they can keep on air

After all supermarkets are closing if they’ve been exposed

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...NMOAU2G3ZJY6E/
    Last edited by winner69; 22-08-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

I don’t think this is in anyway a threat to sky share price - presumably at worst it would only impact sky’s live broadcast content, which is what at present? Prime news broadcast? Sport news shows? This is all fairly unimportant.

no announcement this am...... must have minimal effect on their ability to brodcast.

4pm today. hope recent effects dont affect the negotiaion.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    no announcement this am...... must have minimal effect on their ability to brodcast.

4pm today. hope recent effects dont affect the negotiaion.
    I would be surprised if the lockdown affected the negotiations.

They would have already pretty well had the deal locked up with the buyer at the time they announced they were going to sell the entire campus.

Adding the two weeks was just to observe the formalities I think (and give any late bidders one final opportunity).

I could be wrong here, but I don’t think the lockdown (in and of itself) would make the process take longer.

Let’s see.

Seeing Z's offer even thogh quite low, what we all wouldn't give for a 25% premium to the share price.....

Clearly any offers haven't even been close to this.

***Sigh***

Personally even at a 25% premium I would rather take Mr Ts idea for a capital return.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Personally even at a 25% premium I would rather take Mr Ts idea for a capital return.
    The only problem with that idea is that its only Mr T's idea (as good as it is) ..... Because none of this board has invested any of their own money, they dont give a crap about capital management.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    The only problem with that idea is that its only Mr T's idea (as good as it is) ..... Because none of this board has invested any of their own money, they dont give a crap about capital management.
    I think they will go with the buyback option.

Its the 'safe' option...to try to placate shareholders and avoid the worst of their wrath at the next AGM...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I think they will go with the buyback option.

Its the 'safe' option...to try to placate shareholders and avoid the worst of their wrath at the next AGM...
    The "growth" option seems to be the option they are trying to sell. Again with no money invested themselves, I have zero faith in their ability to execute.