sharetrader
Page 950 of 1420 FirstFirst ... 45085090094094694794894995095195295395496010001050 ... LastLast
Results 9,491 to 9,500 of 14194

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Sorry, but what does todays details change? The properties will get sold, they can hardly announce what they are going to do with the money until its a done deal?

I believe a share consolidation is the right thing to do for right now.
    Less free cash than expected, more revenue falls, no numbers on broadband and next year GAAP profit to be only 20 odd million. I actually think the SP still represents around fair value just reducing to a normal sized holding really.

The wording potential sale feels like they still don't have a buyer? Maybe more negotiations happening?

From slide 29: The Board continues to consider capital management options, includingpotential for dividends, in the context of the strong balance sheet, options forproceeds from the potential sale of property, and the need to reinvestoperating free cash flow in FY22 into growth initiatives

Sorry, but what does todays details change? The properties will get sold, they can hardly announce what they are going to do with the money until its a done deal?

I believe a share consolidation is the right thing to do for right now.

Offset by$10.3m of one-off costs relating to content impairments and the mutuallyagreed exit of the former CEO

Martin should have had to pay his salary back for the death issue.

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    The wording potential sale feels like they still don't have a buyer? Maybe more negotiations happening?

From slide 29: The Board continues to consider capital management options, includingpotential for dividends, in the context of the strong balance sheet, options forproceeds from the potential sale of property, and the need to reinvestoperating free cash flow in FY22 into growth initiatives
    I guess if they had said "from the sale of property" we all would have latched onto this as a disclosure requirement today?

i would have preferred to read "from the sale of property". The F22 guidance also excludes any money from the property sale.

I guess if they had said "from the sale of property" we all would have latched onto this as a disclosure requirement today?

Quote Originally Posted by clown View Post
    i would have preferred to read "from the sale of property". The F22 guidance also excludes any money from the property sale.
    Very true..... Why i wonder???

Probably more is being said by what is being unsaid

Yep, that's very typical with recent Sky announcements...

Advanced Member

From the herald story which had additional comments from Sophie.

Talking to the Herald soon after today's result was released, CEO Sophie Moloney said the guidance was subject to change if the Delta outbreak persisted and caused major disruption to the sports calendar. On the upside, Moloney said Neon subscribers had spiked since the latest lockdown began.

Advanced Member

there is no way Sky would ever say that the property sale is guaranteed before it has actually finalized a sale. That is simply common sense it would refer to it as “potential”

Guru

"I noted at the Investor Day that Sky hasreceived unsolicited approaches aroundpotential transactions in the past year, all ofwhich were highly conditional and incomplete.We also advised that Sky is open to reviewingstrategic investment partnerships thatwill deliver sustained ongoing growth tothe company, which in turn will acceleratethe creation of shareholder values. Jardenhave been appointed as strategic advisorsand they continue to assess options."

LOL Philip, as if anyone believes Jarden is still "assessing" anything right now.

Clearly Sky blew a M&A opportunity, and now we just carry on.