sharetrader
Page 254 of 1437 FirstFirst ... 1542042442502512522532542552562572582643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 14368
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Surely we could borrow a million doses for a month .
    As I understand it & happy to be corrected, but we started September with around 800,000 doses, and we are getting in 300,000 doses per week BUT since vaccination rates suddenly soared to 80 or 90,000 vaccinations being done per day, if we keep up that vaccination rate, we may not have enough before a big shipment arrives in October. It’s hard to match supply when demand is not reasonably consistent & suddenly soars ( due to the outbreak) as complacency evaporates. But using those numbers we may have enough anyway, & I don’t know why they don’t simply prioritise. Eg Why has Nelson a much higher vaccination rate than Auckland?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    As I understand it & happy to be corrected, but we started September with around 800,000 doses, and we are getting in 300,000 doses per week BUT since vaccination rates suddenly soared to 80 or 90,000 vaccinations being done per day, if we keep up that vaccination rate, we may not have enough before a big shipment arrives in October. It’s hard to match supply when demand is not reasonably consistent & suddenly soars ( due to the outbreak) as complacency evaporates. But using those numbers we may have enough anyway, & I don’t know why they don’t simply prioritise. Eg Why has Nelson a much higher vaccination rate than Auckland?
    I think that is about it.

Australia has done a good job getting extra doses but they started a bit earlier because they didn't order enough early enough (they didn't anticipate the reluctance to get the Astra vaccine).
    We didn't anticipate Delta in the community pushing people to get their shots (not so long ago it was hard to get arms to jab).

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I think that is about it.

Australia has done a good job getting extra doses but they started a bit earlier because they didn't order enough early enough (they didn't anticipate the reluctance to get the Astra vaccine).
    We didn't anticipate Delta in the community pushing people to get their shots (not so long ago it was hard to get arms to jab).
    Not true.

The Auckland vaccination centres have been busy right from the word ‘go’.

I know individuals with underlying health conditions having to go from one centre to another until they got to one which accepted walk ins. They were happy to queue up for 2 hours for the opportunity to get a jab. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As usual the Aussies have beaten NZ to it. Like cancelling the citizenship of the ISIS terrorist with her kids (most likely born of several unknown fathers). And her family members have moved over here too now to add to our welfare ranks.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...-minister-says

Terror attacked in Auckland mall.

Let’s be kind and allow back in more terrorists.

We don’t know how lucky we are to have Cindy as our ‘kind’ PM.

Wonder what attire she will be wearing when she arrives back to Auckland to comfort the victims. Hijab again?
    Last edited by Balance; 03-09-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Guru

Not true.

The Auckland vaccination centres have been busy right from the word ‘go’.

I know individuals with underlying health conditions having to go from one centre to another until they got to one which accepted walk ins. They were happy to queue up for 2 hours for the opportunity to get a jab. Fact.
    You, yourself, made a lot of comments on the South Auckland vaccination event and the lack of initial uptake.

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...-minister-says

Terror attacked in Auckland mall.

Let’s be kind and allow back in more terrorists.

We don’t know how lucky we are to have Cindy as our ‘kind’ PM.

Wonder what attire she will be wearing when she arrives back to Auckland to comfort the victims. Hijab again?
    Maybe you need to get some facts before you comment.
    'Allow back in' - what are you suggesting?
    Only you could turn this into a political issue.
    Get some balance!

You, yourself, made a lot of comments on the South Auckland vaccination event and the lack of initial uptake.
    Absolutely.

I can categorically tell you that many of the brown population of Auckland were simply not interested in getting the jab.

So what happened was that people from other races (predominantly Asians as a %tage of their population & pakeha) happily took up the spare vaccination spaces - 13,000 of the 15,500 jabs. Fact.

Guru

Absolutely.

I can categorically tell you that many of the brown population of Auckland were simply not interested in getting the jab.
    And since Delta made its' way into the community the 'brown' community (as you call it) vaccination rate has climbed significantly. Fact!

And since Delta made its' way into the community the 'brown' community (as you call it) vaccination rate has climbed significantly. Fact!
    But your point was that the demand was not there - not true as the centres were always busy. Just not with the target group who could not be bothered.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-09-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Maybe you need to get some facts before you comment.
    'Allow back in' - what are you suggesting?
    Only you could turn this into a political issue.
    Get some balance!
    Just imagine for one minute what NZ would be dealing with if this terrorist had a gun.

‘Cindy said the individual was a known threat the NZ and under constant monitoring.It was the police surveillance team and special tactics group, who were part of that monitoring and surveillance, that shot and killed him. That happened within about 60 seconds of the attacks starting.’

So why was he allowed to be out there?